Head's Up!

Dave attempted suicide yesterday.

Who is Dave?

They have possibly a body shop running out of the garage on this property, and Dave is one of the guys who hangs around. He was intoxicated when I spoke to him about 2 in the afternoon, and asking me for a favor. I was not real solicitous, but I did try to get him what he wanted. (He wanted a phone book with his friends of the last name of “Daphne” in it. I produced a phone book, but it had no one with the spelling Dave gave.)

I come back an hour later, and he’s gone and rescue is here taking information on the body shop chemicals Dave ingested in a suicide attempt.

I’m sorry I wasn’t nicer to him. Everyone’s fighting some kind of battle.

J.

8 Likes

Well, at least you helped him a little.

3 Likes

you were kind…that is what counts :sunny:
take care :alien:

1 Like

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle,” -plato

3 Likes

I understand that the saying is often attributed to Plato but likely someone else . . .

From wikipedia:

It is thought that Maclaren was the original source of the quotation “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle,” now widely misattributed to Plato or Philo of Alexandria. The oldest known instance of this quotation is in the 1897 Christmas edition of The British Weekly: “Be pitiful, for every man is fighting a hard battle.”[5].

Apparently, Dave is Okay. Apparently, the landlord disallows him to come on the property again.

J.

2 Likes

good to hear this.

There is a different world that people gp into at certain stages of their lives that we aren’t privy to because we aren’t there not only physically but emotionally, so unless you’ve been there , what with the psychological and emotional breakdown, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what that person is going through.

I just called the police on myself the day before yesterday because I was having homicidal thoughts that wouldn’t stop so I was thinking “put me behind bars”…cage me up ! Like a freaking animal because thats what I felt like.