Having weak immunity

Seems I do have weak immunity for things…

I went to a open public swimming pool last year and instantly got eczema the first visit. they can give all sorts of viruses in swimming pools and they are unhealthy. I even wore large boots but still got infected. eczema is now cured but cannot go swimming out of fear… maybe only in salt water ocean. Bit of a bummer because its almost summer.

Anyone else has a weak immunity for things? like catching things quicker than others?

1 Like

I think most melancholics (who are prone to mental illnesses) tend to have poorer immune systems and health in general to some degree…

Good thing is were not stuck there as doing things which bring health to the blood are beneficial. Eating antioxidants (think rich red fruits and vegetables), breathing exercises, and general good health upkeep are important.

Jw if you have depression as well?

2 Likes

Eczema is not contagious. You can’t catch it from other people. There may have been harsh chemicals in the pool that irritated your skin enough to cause a rash, though.

2 Likes

It was a so called Swimmer’s itch, which is a parasite in swimming pool water which caused the eczema symtoms. Now am afraid to swim again…

1 Like

download (19)

2 Likes

Probably lots of pee in public swimming pools.

2 Likes

Not if they have pee guards. Jk :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have lots of health problems due to being immunocompromised including exzema and other infections - excema varieties are thought to be auto immune disease. sort of like psoriasis.

1 Like

I have tended to get colds often. Like 3-4 times a year. But not so much after they put me on olanzapine which is strange. I think the immune system doesen’t work properly on the drugs. The body doesen’t know when it is supposed to get sick, like the immune system is not working properly. I did get covid though.

1 Like

I think everyone on AP’s have a lower immune system. There’s a reaction to every action x

1 Like

Maybe thats why we’re 3x as likely to get severe illness from covid.

1 Like

I know, this alarms me too, as it’s a big percentage.
I would rather have better piece of mind than spend all my time on a ward.
Those are days I hate reminiscing on, stuck on a ward x

1 Like

I loved swimming but public pools are full of boogers and piss and shitty

2 Likes

I think I got covid as well in late 2020, had difficulty breathing and fell ill afterwards. I am triple vaccinated now.