Having trouble with grasping meaning in my life

This is so beautiful. To cherish a God creation. Or just a perfect disharmony of Universum.
With mental illness you can feel so full of life and so full of death just within a few hours.

For me, those two things helped me to avoid dwelling too much on meanings or whatever:

-To think less abstractly, if possible…Theory is for academics… And they get payed for it.

-To stop buying all that crap from ‘sellers of life meanings’, all that ideologies of happiness and propaganda, you should do this, you should do that.

It is okay to lose direction from time to time, just keep going and you’ll find it along the way.

4 Likes

You might want to consider another therapist. An therapists that has no faith cannot talk to you about meaning or purpose in life and such. I had a therapists that would use quotes from the bible a lot in the therapy and I remember and think about what he said after 10 years.

I too struggle with meaning as all my  hopes and dreams were crushed with the illness.  Sometimes with this illness you do not have the luxury of having dreams again.  Sometimes I believe, and not preaching to anyone, that God puts us here on the earth and we gives us an opportunity to make good or bad choices.  I think I am rambling on.  I will stop here.  I was just trying to be supportive to you all about the meaning of life.

Hi @jukebox!
You’ve lifted my spirits on many occasions, I think you are very important!

1 Like

meaning of life ?

Help the poor, weak, dispossed, those that have noone - you be the wall for them. Do that you will find meaning in living.

For me to keep occupied is key when it comes to this question. Not so much because this is the right answer to it, it is not that I am filled with a sense of purpose when I am occupied with something as mundane as cooking, which I enjoy. And it is not that when thinking about it, these occupations are clearly the most meaningful activities I can think of. It is rather that the whole question and topic of meaning does not arise when I am engaged in some activity. Only when idle do I think about such things. So to keep active avoids the question rather than answering it. That may seem ignorant, closing my eyes to an important problem. But thinking about it is distressing to me, and I value peace of mind highly.

1 Like

Church is really great. You can meet very interesting uplifiting people there. Especially the larger churches with 30+ attendees.

1 Like