Having trouble really opening up to my therapist

Having a lot of trouble opening up in therapy. I always have. Part of it is the fact that where in an office and I worry about people hearing. Part of it’s feeling like my therapist is gonna judge me. Feel like I’m just spinning my wheels.

Would it help if you wrote down stuff ahead of time and then at your appointment you could hand it to your therapist?

1 Like

This is what I do.

2 Likes

Your therapist is a professional and hearing weird and odd things is her job. If she’s a good therapist she will use her professionalism to not judge her clients on every little thing they tell her. If what you want to tell her is just horribly embarrassing or will make you look bad, but it’s nothing illegal or you didn’t hurt anyone, then I would go ahead and tell her the embarrassing thing and get it off your chest.

1 Like

I do session notes for each visit that I email my pnurse. I see her weekly on Zoom.

She likes that she has them concisely for my chart, and it allows us to smoothly cover everything.

2 Likes

I’ve had too many therapists, it’s too much to ask anyone to open up like that.

What closed up my mind was the fact that I perceived him as a punisher.

Finally really opened up today. Might have had something to do with the fact that yesterday was my fifth ketamine infusion. Still probably the best therapy session I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.