Having to give up this no carb diet - makes me feel awful

Yeah, dropping it 100 calories every week or two seems to be working for me. It gives me time to adjust my eating habits.

1 Like

Oh, if you feel ok with it, fineā€¦

1 Like

just listen to my advice. low calories daily! I have to do the opposite and eat extra calories but I feel itā€™s still pretty low. on average I have about 1,500 a day

1 Like

cool to knowā€¦

@Jimbob carbs arenā€™t as bad as they are made out to beā€¦ the body just uses them before accessing itā€™s fat storages for energyā€¦ which does prevent weight loss. What you could try is finding ways of raising you metabolism. Build lean muscle and stay activeā€¦ without carbs thatā€™s basically an impossible task because you have no energy beyond sugar until you get the body in fat burning modeā€¦ which doesnā€™t happen directly during the process of exercise. The body learns it needs the energy from itā€™s fat stores and then starts breaking it down in the background so itā€™s accessible during periods of activityā€¦

So one wordā€¦ routine. Even minimal exercise every other day or so that does just enough to make you feel worn out and in need of taking it easy for a day will prep your body to know itā€™s going to be active again and then itā€™ll start to work away at itā€™s energy reserves to be prepared.

Dieting alone ainā€™t a good way to lose weightā€¦ youā€™ll just be starving yourself by eating an unbalanced diet which can go wrong in so many waysā€¦

Good luck man. @SurprisedJ ainā€™t here so much any moreā€¦ but I gotta call on his slogan ā€œWeā€™re rooting for you.ā€

2 Likes

hahā€¦ small chicks can get by on so littleā€¦ itā€™s hilarious to me for some reason. I eat a lot of caloriesā€¦ probably 2,500 or moreā€¦ though it might average out on days where Iā€™m too busy to get good meals lined outā€¦

Pasta the day before working outā€¦ Itā€™s a cross-country runners trick. Makes the energy expense not so destructive or difficult to recover from.

Sugar is crapā€¦ just all around. (Itā€™s a carb as well.) I donā€™t know why so many are inclined to eat sweetsā€¦ @jimbob thatā€™s the stuff you really want to avoid if you want your body to provide itā€™s own energy from storage. The easy access of sugar can be useful at times, but itā€™s an absolutely crappy way and can become a dependencyā€¦

Cold black coffeeā€¦ carbs, proteinā€¦ multivitaminsā€¦ fiber (that rye is sounding right). I would be content in consuming nothing but these thingsā€¦ well those and cheese. I do eat a lot of cheese.

Thanks as always Bryan - u r da man!

Seriously you are right, as is @eyeofRa - watch the calories and do some exercise. My embedded binge behaviour resulted in junk food being bought today. But I am not going to go hard on myself for that.

PS @eyeofRa do you have dreaded hair? It looks cool!

2 Likes

yes I do! thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I allow carbs - without carbs I will get really constipated.

I will try to walk everyday, this helps burn of the excess sugar from the carbs.

If you can walk, even indoors for at least half an hour a day, this will help with your diet.

Try to count your calories, this helps.

I try not to exceed 2000 calories a day - Im maintaining my weight this way.

Ive lost a considerable amount.

2 Likes

I notice when I eat bread, I get really sick. Just fruits, vegetables and protein for me.

Counting calories is best. Exercise is good too. Now itā€™s spring, go for walks or bicycle ride.

1 Like