Having gastric sleeve surgery

Was the worst thing that I’ve ever decided to do. I became angry and spiteful and did horrible things. It ruined my marriage to a man who didn’t deserve what I did. I regret it. I got no counseling before hand. No one to tell me how it could change me. And now many years later I’m fat again anyway. I’m not saying people shouldn’t do it. Just get counseling before you do. This is not just a physical thing. It’s very mentally and emotionally straining.

1 Like

We’ve all made mistakes. Don’t beat yourself up over it. As long as you learned from the mistake you’re good.

1 Like

I agree with you @FatMama, it is emotionally draining and stressful without counselling. My sister had it done and although she is thin now she is also left with this horrible food obsession/eating disorder. I would like my chubby non food obsessed sister back.

1 Like

I’m am shocked that they can do the surgery without major counseling first. I know of two other friends who had it done and they feel the same way

1 Like

Like everything, it is all about making money and not the welfare of the patient.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.