Having children just to be mean

Well, all sexual abuse happens because of mental issues. There are no perfectly sane and well-adjusted child molesters in the world. For male perpetrators, part of the problem seems to be trauma caused by past sexual abuse. This might be because male survivors are less likely than females to be provided with adequate counseling. It also might be because of the fact that abuse causes changes in brain development. It also might be because of lots of other things.

you werent replying to meā€¦ are you ment to post a reply to me or what? its strange to you reply to some other person but meant to respond to me while replying to some different guyā€¦

I donā€™t agree with this also.

Among 747 males the risk of being a perpetrator was positively correlated with reported sexual abuse victim experiences. The overall rate of having been a victim was 35% for perpetrators and 11% for non-perpetrators. Of the 96 females, 43% had been victims but only one was a perpetrator. A high percentage of male subjects abused in childhood by a female relative became perpetrators. Having been a victim was a strong predictor of becoming a perpetrator, as was an index of parental loss in childhood.

It is a study, not my own personal opinion. I am very aware that many men who are abused do not become abusers themselves.

1 Like

I tend not to believe in every study I read of the internet. I was just stating that thatā€™s probably not the case in the majority of perpetrators, or at least the stories I know about. Maybe there is a correlation, but not in the majority of cases.

2 Likes

No itā€™s not the majority of cases. Itā€™s only 35%. Sexual abusers are more likely to not have been victims of abuse themselves. I was just wondering why it is 35% for men.

1 Like

Ah, in that case okay.

I wonder if that is just because men are more likely than women to become abusers than women, so they had a larger percentage than the females studied. I donā€™t think that is true though. It is difficult to gauge how many female sex offenders exist because they are hugely under-reported.