Having a hard night

I really dont know why but Ive cracked my first beer in months, not counting the one I had a sip of and poured out a couple weeks ago

Is this a sign that Im regressing again? Dont wanna end up down the road that ends with me in a drunk tank again

3 Likes

Maybe go to an AA meeting everyday for a little while and get back on track?

5 Likes

Thats probably a good idea, but Im in france and my french isnt so great. I just feel so isolated and figured fck it lets have a drink

2 Likes

@zwolfgang we don’t allow talk of drinking except in a recovery way. You need top edit your post or I’ll have to close topic.

Why are you in France?

1 Like

What do you mean? This is me asking for help, not promoting it in any way

There might be online or phone conferences for AA you can do

1 Like

Thats something I could maybe consider. Wish I had a sponsor or something

Really good idea Ill look into that now

Im in france to study btw

1 Like

If you have a problem with drink, then I’d pour that one that you have down the drain.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I should but its hard. I know Ill feel better if I drink it but it wont last

Its a trade off of pain, now or later. Like procrastinating feeling like sht lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the resource, Ill look into it

1 Like

I love it! That’s hilarious, and true :grin:

1 Like

Haha yeah isnt it? You dont wanna feel what you feel right now so welp lets take shots or w/e

1 Like

AA have been running online 24/7 zoom meetings during lockdown, and at least some of those are still running. They have UK members there too so open to anyone.

3 Likes

can you do something else? you do loads of stuff so maybe you can find something else to do,

1 Like

Does going for a long walk take things off of your mind? You must be burned out from school, I’m sure

Have you gone to AA before? Just saw it mentioned on the thread

1 Like

@Beep @mrhappy @Cragger thanks for the suggestions guys, all good ones

Ive never been to an AA meeting but was thinking of going

Luckily I passed out last night before I drank too much and feel better this morning. No more desire to drink. I think Im lucky in that with the meds these days drinking puts me right to sleep so I never have a chance to binge

I am absolutely burnt out, might make a thread about that

1 Like

Glad you didn’t get too sloshed LOL. I went to a few AA meetings, in the beginning, but some of the people there were too intense so I stopped going. But every chapter is different, it might be good

1 Like

Haha yeah I cant handle my drink like I used to. For the better

I always got the impression AA was kinda preachy you know? Like give yourself up to a higher power, you cant do this alone blah blah blah

I guess I just like to be in control. But as last night evidenced Im really not, at least not fully

Ill look into it, maybe I can find the right group for me

1 Like