Having a family history of schizophrenia, relieved that I did not develop it earlier, is it possible to develop schizophrenia at 28?

I didn’t get diagnosed or went psychotic till I was 29. Lots of wasted years but that is what it is.

See a shrink. You don’t get good medical advice of the internet mostly!

I wish I know I had it in the family but that was always hushed up. May have saved me some heartache!

You can keep your full life even on the meds

but it might take some time to find the right ones

we had discussed Stress on here, and you may be experiencing that

thanks for coming back and updating us, good luck

I didn’t get diagnosed till I was 33/34. It is definitely possible.

1 Like

I went to the psychiatrist, and he told me that my symptoms are too weak to be categorized as full-blown psychosis (I mentioned my family history of schizophrenia). We talked for a lot time about the schizophrenia spectrum, and how the stigma is much worse than the actual disease. He prescribed me Quetiapine 50mg (which I’ve taken 10 years ago, but at much larger dose back then). The Quetiapine 50mg has made me more happy, less lethargic, and less distrusting of other people, situations. I even started to leave the house more often after taking it. It just made my throat a little “sleepy”, with difficulty with swallowing, but it has improved as well, and it also made me a lot hungry, I’m eating all day long.

Glad to hear you’ve improved.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.