Haven't brushed my teeth

I have a really big problem with brushing my teeth. I get panic attacks when i try to go do it most of the time. That and washing my hands. I don’t know why it gets to me but it does.

This is just me, but I hate the high tone sound of faucet water. The sound of water out of a faucet really irritates me after a few minutes. So I fill a glass up with water and dip my toothbrush in that. I used to fill the tiny sink up a bit and wash my hands in the small sink water. River water, ocean waves, fountains I’m good. I like. But faucet sound… yuck.
I also take baths instead of showers due to the sound and the feel of the water hitting me.

I just got back from an emergency dental appointment, and found out that I have to have a root canal ASAP! Not fun.

I’m pretty good about brushing my teeth every day. But I eat and drink a lot of sugar (candy, Cokes). So I have to be extra careful with my teeth.

And after this root canal, I’m going to be taking my dental health a lot more seriously and methodically.

Please, take care of your teeth! To at least avoid a few thousand dollars of dental work!

Blessings,

Anthony

Sorry to hear this. It’s always one thing after another with us humans isn’t it.

I’m trying to curb my sweet tooth too. I hate the dentist. My dentist is a very nice man. But the whole profession of having someone stick their hands in my mouth… I usually have to be knocked out.

Ugh, it freaks me out having someone’s hands on me too! But my dentist won’t sedate me for normal procedures. So I just save up some anti-anxiety med and take it before my visit.

Otherwise I get really nervous and start shaking. And you definitely don’t want to be shaking with sharp dental instruments in your mouth lol!

Thankfully, I had the insight to buy dental insurance a few years ago. It’s super cheap (only $15 per month), and saves me 50-75% on most procedures. I’m a HUGE fan of being well-insured!

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

This is off topic, but do you know if insurance like this can be obtained by a 17 year old minor? Things are happening with the sister’s insurance coverage.

I too fear the dentist’s visit, I prepare my self a month or two emotionally before going there…

I just checked my insurance company and it looks like it can be purchased by a minor. But I can’t find my plan in your state. Washington state, right?

Check out Humana One dental and see if you can find a plan in your state for your sis.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

Thank you all for reminding me to make a dentist appointment! It’s been like over a year for me.

I used to be REALLY bad about brushing my teeth and was starting to get cavities. My dentist would all but beg me to brush. THen I got diagnosed with Sjogrens disease which takes away all the fluid in your body…No spit. No tears…and it does HAVOC on your teeth. Saliva really helps to keep your mouth clean and keeps the food from just laying and rotting on your teeth. I started to try to brush twice a day (and considering normally if I brushed twice a WEEK , I was doing good.) I went to see the dentist a week ago and he said I had no cavities and had good dental hygiene. I wanted to jump up and down and high five the dentist. BUT then he told me I need to brush my teeth every time I eat something!!! DO you know how hard that is? I’m trying usually brush three times now each day. I don’t want to face a future of pulled teeth and root canals…I don’t know if I can prevent it…but I will try.

2 Likes

sorry…I just realized I’d already said the same thing twice in this thread…Sorry. I have no short term memory…this shows you an example of it. :frowning:

i have had the same problem, wouldnt go to the dentist and during a long pshychosis
i didnt brush. now im getting vomit actions while trying too brush them. yet i do brush.

Just start one tooth at a time. With amusing thought in your subconscious mind, you might get that extra push that gets you on the go.

seroquel was terrible for my teeth so i rarely take it now, plus i drank a lot of coke when i was younger so all my back teeth are filled. now i drink coke once in a blue moon and am on a depot shot so although my teeth will never recover they r not getting any worse either. i see my dentist regularly and haven’t had anything done for about a year; the last time i had to have a tooth removed and i got a dry socket afterward and it was infected too. v painful! considering the avolition i don’t think i do a bad job. defo room for improvement though!