Have your families ever lied to you and said things were delusions

Yes, they have. I have had many delusions, but some of the most important things going on in my life they have told me are delusions. Quite often, when someone says or does something that is too shocking, or too scary, people will make up a fiction to cover it up. This is for the best because it probably prevents many fights. I’ve always been a realist, though. That is just my nature. When it comes to philosophy and my world view I don’t shrink from the uncomfortable truths. People want me to be some kind of Pollyanna, which would be okay if that was my nature. The world needs both types of people - the Pollyanna and the realist. It depends on how they function in life which is best for an individual. Being a Pollyanna is not my nature.

Er… Haven’t you noticed that this makes up a significant portion of your posts here?

Pixel.

1 Like

Depends how long ave you been trying to deal with it on your own? Much better ways to deal with your pain then try to cram it all down with drugs and alcohol also. Talking about it helps.

1 Like

I mostly focus on a very specific dimension of my current situation here, which is the telepathic attacks, and that is not the same as this more “real world” stuff from my past. I would like to receive therapy for the telepathic attacks, but from a therapist who believes me and can help give me real world coping mechanisms and strategies in tune with what I perceive to be the real reality behind my situation and not the spin that it is just a fabrication of my subconscious mind.

1 Like

I am starting to let go of trying to convince people. I was getting really pissed off, because in my ideology it is not a hallucination, and so when people say this is all a hallucination, to me it is kind of analogous to denying the holocaust, considering many of us experience sexual abuse and psychological torture from our “hallucinations” which go far beyond just a voice, at least in my case, and seemingly have dominion to some degree of my body and mind as well.

Maybe you could get some therapy that would help you deal with the resulting emotional distress without fixating on the source? Could that be a place to start? @notmoses, got an opinion on this? You’re the workbook king.

I have to say that a purring cat and a hot cuppa are equally effective for voice stress and in-law stress (although the last one does contribute to the first one, damn it). Anyhow, some general coping strategies could really help reduce the stress load you are carrying around.

Pixel.

1 Like

The one source that doesn’t lie is the music.

Sucks when your own family plotted your assassination.

And all your so called friends along with them.

It is my unfortunate reality.

That is the theme song for what my so called friends did.

Sounds like your dying to talk about it in reality. Not much we can do for you here other then point you to a therapist who is more likely and trained to help you better then we could.

3 Likes

That is the theme song for what the demons had planned all along.

It’s kind of an accepted reality in my family that I remember things oddly. That I remember the same instances that everyone else does, but in an exaggerated or understated way. The loose pattern is that external things (a fight, a storm) I remember as bigger and more threatening than it was, while an internal thing (complications from a surgery I had, adverse reaction to medication, physical abuse) I remember as being no very big deal. This is true of how I perceive things in general.

I used to feel a little undermined or gaslighted by this. Now I try not to worry about it so much. I’ll run important things by people I trust (and if nothing else, my mom and sister love me and want the best for me), but the rest of it? My aunt says that if you remember it, then it happened. It’s the only reality you have and the details for the most part are just academic.

2 Likes

What I’ve learned is no one is qualified to seek my best interest but me. I give no one that authority or power over me.

Ah dude you just have layers and layers of all this dogmatic ■■■■■■■■. Relax and play some video games.

It is definitely up to you, unless you’re doing something to endanger other people or grossly endanger yourself.

For me, it’s a relief to know there are people I can trust to look out for me. They’re not in any sort of legal, medical, financial or emotional control of me, but I know they’re there if I ever need them for that.