Have you Recovered but People still don't Understand?

Have any of you heard of Mike Utley? Mike Utley is a professional football player who became paralyzed from the chest down. Do you know what’s interesting about that? It happened at the first professional football game that I had ever watched! I was actually live at the game when it happened; I watched him be carried out on a stretcher and give his ‘thumbs up’ to the crowd, as they carried him off…

Now, take my case. Because of schizophenia, my mind ‘blew a fuse’ and became something scrambled or ‘bifurcated’ - similar to Utley physically. Now, just like Utley, couldn’t walk, I couldn’t ‘walk’ mentally. And, just like Utley was a professional football player, I was a “professional scholar.” Now, if MIke Utley could walk again, it would be a miracle. However, for me, that is just what happened; I recovered and can now function mentally.

Nonetheless, the problem is that in certain circles - mainly involving the MBTI and socionics - I am still not at the level of a ‘professional athlete’ intellectually. This is absurd to me, because it is astonishing that I can sit down and understand a book or solve a set of equations. Based on my brain-state from before, this is a true miracle. However, the people in the MBTI and socionics community only belittle whatever accomplishments I have made, because they aren’t done in a cool-headed, ‘Spock-like’ fashion - or because I am not the next John Nash or Albert Einstein…

Have any of you found this? That you’ve recovered, but it isn’t ‘good enough?’ I find this maddening…