Have you heard the expression "I just lost my good right arm?

It feels so literally true. My right arm dangles as if it’s not connected to me. Someone swept me off my feet and didn’t pick up the pieces.

We were taught in nursing school not to refer to the patient’s impaired appendage as the one that is “bad” or the unaffected one as the one that is “good”.

On the other hand, the arm guides the hands that can do very good things.

IDK. I’m kind of attached to my arms.

2 Likes

They taught us that too in emergency care class in my physiotherapy program in university. In my exam I had a patient with a missing finger. I had 20 min to do all the physical examination and call 911 at the end. I had to open the throat with a device to make her breath as she wasn’t breathing.

They do come in handy.

1 Like

It was called obstruction something, that was in 2010 before my sz :frowning:

Yeah, I was using one just the other day.

2 Likes

I hate the spinal board exam and the concussion one. I got too stressed as I had to palpate (touch) her, I didn’t have time to finish everything but did pass :slightly_frowning_face:

I stress too much when touching people. I realized that I got a physiotherapy degree for nothing as I cant touch ppl. I should have studied computer programming. I love computers. My friend who is a Dr insisted that I get in physio instead of computer programming. I shouldn’t have listened to him.

1 Like

It’s never too late to begin again.

1 Like

Oh now the sz completely destroyed me. I can’t do anything :frowning:

Losing your good right arm is also an expression for losing your best friend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.