Have you heard of Getty images?

So I put up a few photos on this site called Eyeem and they say my photo has been approved to be sold at getty images if I click yes.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=getty+images&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

2 Likes

Thanks I did a Google search also but just wanted to know if its not dodgy site.

Doesn’t seem like it. You might make a little money it would sound.

If you click yes it might take you to something with a deeper explanation and a terms of agreement which would tell you about who gets the copyright and if you’ll make any money. If it’s a one time sale or if you get royalties.

I don’t really know anything about that though.

1 Like

You can’t get more respectable than getty. I think it’s owned by Bill Gates of Microsoft. Getty is high prestige. The other site I’ve never heard of.

1 Like

It has a base office here in Seattle… (home of Microsoft) They buy other peoples photos of celebs that are of good quality… and sell them on to teen magazines and gossip rags… or other things.

They have been around a very long time… they aren’t a fly by night company.

2 Likes

They used to represent me, but they were taking too large of a cut while providing too little value. I am now a free agent.

Pixel.

1 Like

its about 50/50 from what Eyeem get.

Not that i’m going to get paid through it… lol but worth a shot.

I used to work for a company that represented Getty images. It’s one of the leading image providers. Good luck!

1 Like