Have you ever tried writing down every voice you hear?

Like on a notebook, where you record what you heard, and at what time you heard it. Then just keep it as a journal.

6 Likes

Nope. Voices suck the life out of me and I usually have no energy to write them down. I used to chart my mood though.

fair enough… just thought it would be a good reflection to look back and see exactly what your voices use to say, you’d probably just end up thinking the voices are a total waste of time because all they’ve said is pointless nonsense

2 Likes

I’ve tried. It feels real but days later looks silly. “Operation Growing Garden” pretty random. I heard another voice at one point say, “we bear the burden of every death.” Or something along those lines.

1 Like

do you still do it? also did it make any difference later on?

1 Like

No, I don’t do it often. I guess in a way it did help because seeing it several days later made me realize I was imagining things. Most of the time I try not to pay too much attention to the voices. A few nights ago I tried talking with them and it didn’t help much. I think it aggravated my symptoms. Although the voices didn’t sound offensive most of the time, they increased in volume.

thanks for the feedback, am planning on give it a try then reading it in three months to see what it’s all about from ‘big picture perspective’

1 Like

I wrote them down to trace back in the future. But my family threw them away for my health. Maybe it seemed like it would exacerbate my symptoms. But in my opinion, it will help discern delusions and facts

1 Like

My sister told me to it when things started. I would write it down and then burn it… it didn’t really help though

1 Like

I used to draw, but not for a long time

This was my last artwork, and it’s tattooed on my arm now.

2 Likes

I had the intention of writing it down. I actually bought a special glittery notebook just for that.

But when I started hearing voices I got so sucked in, that I could not put any attention to writing it down

1 Like

Yes, I have completed 30 chapters

2 Likes

Not everything, but quite a lot.
I don’t have time to write who said what.
Which voice said what.
I just write what they say

1 Like

Yes, I did it once to show to my pdoc, but it was super exhausting

1 Like

I don’t see the point, I say it’s probably a mistake to waste so much energy on voices that mean nothing.
Better to try and ignore them.

2 Likes

looks sick… nice

I am in remission. I dont have them right now and I take medication for it. I dont know what it would be like if i were off the medication…

I would like to get to the point where i could be unmedicated and not having symptoms. they havent tried that yet.

when I did have auditory hallucinations the worst thing I could do was let my imagination feed into it. by sheer will power I do not entertain it…so i think thats part of how it stopped. but everyone is unique and has different brain chemical and dna. so not everyone’s technique would be the same.

not everyone with schizophrenia works the same program. for me, it would to listen to reason. find a rational center, and not deviate from it. but if I were to learn to exercise my brain I could list the archetypes.

for stress/I would just hear static gibberish when stressed/the more I tried to zero in the louder the static noise would confuse and confound me. So my method is to detach/distract and replace. Aversion to the noise, find a peaceful replacement.

something to outshine the noise, something to leave the noise where it is no longer useful, teach my mind to embrace usefulness. lucid dreaming/learning through sleep. training myself to be receptive to visual and spaces between noise, learning rhythm, learning to focus finding a point on the wall and zoning to it—basic piecing myself back together…

not saying it is not real to have this disease but CBT works for me only self-directed. I dont think therapy helps me because i give over the control to someone else although i do like biofeedback and other self-guided programs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.