Have you ever tenderized a cheap cut of beef with baking soda?

I read about this trick and got some cheap steaks to test it with.

Have you any experience with this?

3 Likes

Never used that. But Coke cola works well. :hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

3 Likes

How to Use Baking Soda to Tenderize Meat.

I heard of tenderising in Coca Cola then freezing and thawing before cooking

3 Likes

I’ve made pulled pork with root beer in a crock pot,

But that’s the only soda I’ve used to cook with.

Interesting.

1 Like

Root beer pulled pork is tasty

1 Like

Not beef but thin slices of chicken breast for a delicious orange chicken recipe. 100% recommend trying this. But rinse it off if you have high blood pressure. It raises sodium content considerably.

I’ll link the recipe in a sec.

Here it is.

1 Like

Interesting. Never heard of freezing and thawing. Sounds like it could be good. :duck::duck::duck:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the video,

The chicken looks awesome.

1 Like

Any time! 1515151515

1 Like

Doesn’t work as well as advertised. You’ll have better results if you marinate in pineapple for two hours. Take an entire pinapple including skin, but not the top) and juice it. Let the steaks tenderize in that for two hours and then wash all of it off before cooking.

I much prefer to cook them in a sous vide. I hit the perfect doneness and tenderness every time, even with cheap cuts.

2 Likes

Try coke and mentos lol

1 Like

i saw in a video that marinating in pineapple juice is also a really good way to tenderize steaks. beware tho if u do it too long it can be wayyyy too tender

2 Likes

That’s just mean.

(And I like it.)

2 Likes

Never tried that tbh. I tend not to eat steak though.

Let us know what you think of it.

2 Likes

There is a Youtube channel called Sous Vide Everything. Cray cray mofo who cooks steaks every which way but loose. If you’ve thought of it then he has already tried and and made a video showing the results. Recommended.

1 Like

I think it only works with diet coke, right?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Lol I think it works with any fizzy drink…

1 Like

Really?

All these years I thought it had to be diet.

Interesting!

1 Like