Have you ever saved an animal's life? How about a person's life?

The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is that I’ve saved a few turtles that were in the road.

I can’t think of any person’s life I’ve saved that was in immediate danger.

How about you?

6 Likes

My mom was choking and I gave her the Heimliech. She had accidentally swallowed some roast before done chewing because of dentures.

I’ve saved a couple cats.

9 Likes

Yes, I saved my ex Mother In Laws life.

She suffered cardiac arrest.

I applied CPR and resuscitated her.

Most important thing I’ve ever done.

13 Likes

@anon4362788

That’s great that you knew the Heimliech and saved your mom. You’re truly a hero.

2 Likes

@Wave

That’s good you knew CPR and took action. You should be very proud of yourself.

2 Likes

Not really. I’ve done the turtle thing too. Tried to push a snapping turtle off the road once with a shovel and as you can imagine he or she gave me lots of attitude in the process.

5 Likes

@ThePickinSkunk

At least you tried to save some turtles. So many people just don’t care.

2 Likes

I guess if you count my time as a CNA I’ve alerted docs about patients starting to have heart attacks but that was my job so I don’t think that counts.

4 Likes

When I was a kid we found an overturned truck in the woods and one guy was leaning against the truck and another was on the ground.

We told our parents and they called 911. The paramedics said if we would have been 10 minutes later they both would have died. One of them survived though

6 Likes

@ThePickinSkunk

That definitely does count.

2 Likes

@TomCat

You saved their lives. We would all want that kind of help in that situation.

2 Likes

Years ago a young boy was crossing the road and was looking the wrong way. I yelled STOP at the top of my lungs from my vehicle. He froze and stared in my direction. The side mirror of an oncoming speeding SUV just grazed his ear…one more step and this boy would have been killed.

The boy crossed the street and braced himself against a tree grasping for air. I got out of the car and asked him if he was okay. He said, “Holy Cow! I almost died there! You saved my life!” I responded, “No sweat! Have a great long life, kid…and never do that again!”

What a sweet kid. He almost died and didn’t even swear. He just said “Holy Cow!” :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@PatrickT

You could have said nothing, but you said something because you’re a good guy who cares. You saved his life.

3 Likes

@anon17132524

I was just lucky to be paying attention that afternoon…and luckily my car radio wasn’t blaring to distract me or anything like that. But I agree, his Mom still owes me a big hug! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@PatrickT

I think you’re humble. You’re a hero.

It’s good that we remember these great things we’ve done in our lives.

2 Likes

Thanks. You’ve always been one of the most thoughtful posters on this forum. You’re all heart! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t like to kill spiders. I put a glass over them then softly slide an envelope under the glass , waiting til they crawl on it so I don’t hurt their legs. Then I let them go outside.

Haven’t saved anybody’s life that I know of. Our cat is a rescue from a high kill shelter but I guess we share credit for that.

5 Likes

@agent101g

Sad to say, but I think most people kill spiders, so you care when most people don’t.

I bet your cat loves you, so cool to rescue.

2 Likes

I called a friend’s parents after she texted me delirious that she took a bottle of pills trying to kill herself. She barely made it. Still gives me nightmares.

4 Likes

I had saved a tiny kitten from the streets.
I took it home and it grew and become the most lovable and adorable cat I ever had

6 Likes