Have you ever have your pastor say its demons?

There is a rule here against discussing religion except in the case of overcoming delusions.

3 Likes

Sounds good to me. My med is kicking in and I regret a lot of past discussion now.

We have that rule for the same reason we have rules against discussing aliens, government conspiracies, and such except in the context of overcoming delusions. Those topics tend to trigger delusions in other people, and destabilize them. Also, in the case of religion, it tends to start ugly fights between people of different faiths.

4 Likes

Itā€™s too bad that religious delusions do happen, and that they can take over oneā€™s whole way of thinking if medication isnā€™t working or if unmedicated altogether. Sigh.

1 Like

Before we understood that there are microscopic germs we cannot see that cause infection, plagues and sickness were thought of as caused by demonic influence, witches, curses etc.

This disease is just a bit more complicated, is all.

Unfortunately there are still pastors who will tell people not to take their meds, even for something as mundane as diabetes. Usually with unfortunate results. Donā€™t listen to them.

4 Likes

I mentioned seeing demons once to my pastor when I was in the hospital for blood clots, and he took it in stride. We have never discussed it since. It is so wrong of your pastor to tell you to stop taking your meds. Clearly, he doesnā€™t understand MI and has made no effort to understand you.

4 Likes

sometimes if I plug my ears, I cant hear them. that makes me think they are demons. but other things are contradictory

Oh. Well religion was part of it. Was it wrong to say I went to my pastor and told him and he said it was demons?

He is ignorant, if there is a diagnosed mental illness they canā€™t say it is demons and give you these stupid advices.
I would report him to his superiors.

Luckily for me most exorcist my family contacted about me told them to take me to the doctors first and if they said there was an illness they wouldnā€™t do anything.

4 Likes

I want to apologize. The thing is that is what I was thinking of the origin of my daydream. I probably shouldnā€™t have brought up that I took it to my pastor. I didnā€™t know that was a rule. Im sorry. No religion. Got it.

1 Like

No, itā€™s totally okay to seek help overcoming religious delusions. If you were to try and convince others your daydreams were caused by demons, that would be a problem.

2 Likes

First off, never listen to your pastor. He obviously has NO idea what heā€™s talking about.

Thatā€™s a terrible thing to say to someone with MI. Heā€™s very uneducated and ignorant. Wish I could hit people like him with a stick.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know what kind of pastor this is, but you donā€™t have demons.
I understand your struggle, though. I was told for years, by my religious mother, that I was demon possessed, and I believed it. My pastor I had a while back, was actually the one who made me realize that I didnā€™t.
I think you may need to find a new one.
Pastors will always try to help you from a spiritual perspective, and always seem to see things as as simple equation of dark and light, and they always have their own, opinions on things. But when they tell you things like that, you need to draw the line. Itā€™s wrong, IMO.

4 Likes

This - well said. 1515151515

2 Likes

I feel like sometimes Iā€™m a demon

1 Like

For goodness sake, donā€™t listen to your pastor!
Take your meds!

Demons are not involved.
SZ is a mental illness.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think your pastor has any idea what he is dealing with when trying to make sense of the demonsā€¦please stay on your medsā€¦you need them to fight the paranoiaā€¦

2 Likes

What if mental illness is a form of demons that affect the mind o_O