Schizophrenia.com

Have you ever had you sz/sza used against you

In court? Or anytime really. I’m sure it’s common.

My ex yesterday tried to use my sza against me in court and said I had homicidal ideation towards her, which is a lie.

3 Likes

My ex use to use it to control me all the time. Not to try to hurt me, to try to protect me. But he smothered me to death.

1 Like

How did he control you with it?

1 Like

He would say I wasn’t well enough to go places on my own, or if I wanted to have a drink he wouldn’t let me, he didn’t trust the friends I had so he would interfere with me seeing them or talk them down. Basically any decision I made he would question.

1 Like

The coppers will use it againest you round here, namely Sussex Police. They wont believe a word you say cos your “schizophirenic” - and ive yet to meet one that isnt slightly bent.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s straight up abuse :confused:

1 Like

No never.everybody is nice to me and understanding my difficulty include turkey germany and australia.i think people more like to make stigma towards non medicine compliant and drug abusers.people really understanding and appreciate if they see that you are try to be normal person with medicines.i think your partner is really problematic person.stay away from her/him.

1 Like

Oh trust me I will!! I have no desire to speak to her again

1 Like

I don’t think so, I’ve seen people not take it seriously, but I think I’ve been treated pretty fairly.

I think that for the most part most people don’t know or pretend not to know. I live in a small town and the gossipers are hard to know. I don’t talk badly about people in general, and I’m honest about my condition with my family.

3 Likes

My boss in his chamber clearly said me " you are mad, and i will take action against you." (It was 4 years ago)

1 Like

My ex claimed on her restraining order against me that I threatened her life on three separate occasions in the past year and a half and that was a total lie.

Also years ago, my employer used my diagnosis of sza as an excuse to not only fire me from my nursing job, but also to deprive me of my nursing license. This was way before the ADA.

1 Like

I lost custody of my children due to being unmedicated (temporarily) SZA, in custody battle with exhusband.

1 Like

I had a dr refuse to see me because of my sza diagnosis. I also had a counselor do the same. Now that I go to county public mental health, I don’t have that problem anymore

2 Likes

A few times.
When I wanted to move out of Denmark my entire family said I was too sick and low-functioning for it to be viable.

My ex once got pissed that I’d met some nice mormon girls on the bus and asked them over for tea. Went on a long rant about how only a mentally ill person would think that was a good idea, and said I should be locked up for my own safety.
Apparently he thought they would try to convert me and I was stupid for wanting to take that risk

1 Like

Oh yikes… all of these stories make me sad for us

1 Like

My ex gf did the same thing. She claimed, in a court of law, that I had threatened her life on three separate occasions over the past year and a half. All of which is a complete lie.

1 Like