Have you ever felt justified in doing something you later regretted?

There are things that have been going on in my life for a long time that have made me really angry. I won’t be specific. Because of this I felt justified in saying some unseemly things. Has anyone here ever felt like you were justified in saying awful things because you thought you were justified? Once you start down the path of doing or saying horrible things because you thought you thought you were justified it can take you to some bad places. I suppose that at some time or another I’ll have to make amends. I still feel justified in being extremely angry, but some of what I have said has been deplorable. I’m still really angry about the way others are unjustifiably intruding on my life.

1 Like

For me, no. No matter how badly the other person behaves or what they said, I am in control of me and I need to be rational and respectable. I am not saying it is easy and I am not saying I have a 100% track record. I have ■■■■■■ up, for sure.
But…I am simply saying that I am accountable for my behavior under all circumstances, even if they ‘started it’ and I don’t feel my poor behavior is ever justified. That is just my opinion.

2 Likes

Maybe start asap making amends, think of the words you spoke and speak against them. Your words have the power of life and death. Once spoken they begin to manifest with the energy of the anger they were spoken in. Anger comes from the root of fear so speak in love which is opposite to fear words that take away the authentication. Love and Fear are the strongest emotions. Perhaps they are meant to balance each other.

1 Like

We all say or do things we regret. Best to make it right quickly, the suffering in regret is your karma going to this person and speaking love will be like a salve to their ears and healing to their heart.

I just had an argument with my wife yesterday where I said some things that I regretted, but the problem was I still feel like the basis for my point of view is valid and I was justified, but I maybe went a little overboard and I probably could have gotten my point across in a nicer manner.

2 Likes

I do that from time to time.

I apologize, learn from it, and move forward with my day.

3 Likes

I’m stuck living with 30 people who are not all high functioning. I’m not a snob, it’s just that I haven’t lived in a place like this since I was 19 and I’m 56 now. I don’t care that we are all guys in my building, they don’t have to be pigs in their bathroom habits. I’ve been here almost a year and a half and actually it is almost the best mental health housing place I’ve ever lived. Lots of freedom, cool people. A lot of people like me I guess. I can’t really tell if anyone dislikes me except one huge guy. He doesn’t bother me though. He is just content to give me intense looks of dislike whenever I walk by him., lol. But people here do intrude on my life but as with most people, they don’t know that they are intruding.

1 Like