Have you ever calculated your carbon footprint

Does it rain much there where you are? We do not have much snow and in Southern Finland there is no snow at all. I am actually looking forward to spring already, 100 days more to go and then I should be able to ride my bicycle more. I think we all can take steps to lower our carbon footprints, some people say that the year 2020 is the action year for countering climate change / crisis. In order to save the koalas from extreme heat in Australia and to save the polar bears from hunger in Siberia, something must be done.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never calculated my carbon footprint but it must be very low because I donā€™t drive at all. I donā€™t even own a car and I only take one bath or shower a week and I only wash dishes once a week. I rarely run the vacuum cleaner or the washer or dryer. I keep the furnace on high all the time during the winter but my heating bills are very low because Iā€™m in a small apartment.

1 Like

I donā€™t worry about my footprint. If Iā€™m low-carbon, itā€™s because Iā€™m cheap and hate waste. I work from home and rarely need to drive. I need exercise so I usually walk to and from the grocery store with my little hand cart. All of my light-bulbs are LED. Iā€™ve replaced a couple of computers in my studio with low-power fanless to save on utilities. I dislike creating waste so I recycle pretty hard, the two bags of trash we toss per week are almost entirely compostables. I also avoid eating out at fast food places for the same reason, too expensive and too much paper and plastic waste. I donā€™t worry about carbon, but I strongly dislike pollution and rubbish. Cutting down on the latter should cut down on the former.

I do use plastic straws at home, but we keep reusing and washing the same straws over and over until they wear out and then they are recycled with the rest of the plastic. Iā€™m sure some of the straws are a couple of years old now.

Iā€™m doing what I can do and feel okay with it.

I reculycle paper.

And thatā€™s mostly it.

I had to stop giving a F about climate change because nobody else seems to be giving a F.

Sucksā€¦ I knowā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.