Have you ever calculated your carbon footprint

I used the Internet calculator once, my carbon footprint is very low.

I think the only major contributor from me is my car. I cant afford an EV though.

I do not have a car and I ride my bicycle, in winter I may use the public transportation. I do not use a lot of electricity.

1 Like

This climate change is real. I read an article about polar bears in Siberia recently and how they can not find food because the ice has melted. Here is a link to this article.

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/flares-used-to-scare-away-63-polar-bears-besieging-a-remote-russian-village/

It’s very hard to do without the precise info needed to calculate such a thing .

When I bought a Jeep Wrangler back in 2007 a friend of mine made a comment about my massive carbon footprint.

I don’t think it was that bad, because I don’t drive a lot.

Then again, I’ve never calculated it,

I’d be scared to know.

I’d make me feel bad.

I calculated my carbon footprint. Here are the results:

• Your footprint is 2.94 tonnes per year
  • The average footprint for people in Finland is 8.66 tonnes
  • The average for the European Union is about 6.4 tonnes
  • The average worldwide carbon footprint is about 5 tonnes
  • The worldwide target to combat climate change is 2 tonnes

https://www.carbonfootprint.com/

In my old life in America I was involved in the development of environmental management standards for businesses and organizations. I participated in the development meetings in Washington DC and received many draft standards for my review. It was a different life then over 20 years ago. Everybody can lower their carbon footprint, also companies and organizations.

1 Like

LS! I regularly check my ecological footprint and check how I can improve. I live in Amsterdam in a 50 square meter appartment without thermal isolation. I use 350 cubic meter gas for heating in a year and 1200 kilowatt electricity in a year. I walk and do seldom use public transportation. I do not go on holidays by airplane. I am lacto-ovo-vegetarian. I do not buy a lot of stuff. So I really care about the environment.

1 Like

Had to get into my electric bill account, but I’m actually pretty impressed with how low it’s is. Guess never going anywhere or buying myself anything really makes a difference. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

International climate change news …

‘Putin earlier opened the marathon news conference on another topic, saying that global climate change poses new challenges to Russia. He said that global warming could threaten Russian Arctic cities and towns built on permafrost.’

Bill Gates and climate change, I thought this was good.

I drive a Toyota Corolla and average about 4.4 gallons and of gasoline per week. This is the case over the last 2.5 years. This is pretty good IMO.

I have been eating pescatarian lately also… even almond milk.

I live in a northern climate so I use heat. But I rarely use A/c in t he summer. Maybe 5 or 6 days every year.

if im vegan does that man my carbon footprint is low @mjseu

‘Some koalas have reportedly come up to humans to drink water out of a bottle.’

2 Likes

Latest crisis is heaps of burning because we don’t back burn. That is the price of ecological thinking on a climate and place where the Aborigines burned to get food. The whole ecosystem is built on short fires and because we don’t burn it’s created a crisis. They are saying millions of animals are dust because ecological thinking has overcome simple process in our environment.

Some eco systems require specific triggers. We have plants that actually only breed after fire. We have a place where mulch is incinerated in fire season only to build up and become catastrophic.

Sometimes native ecology should win over conservation dogma. It really hurts us.

1 Like

Sounds like the problems they’re having in California. Sad.

2 Likes

I am trying to do the best I can. I have to drive to work as it’s a 70 mile round trip and public transport is too expensive, but I got a Toyota Hybrid to not just save money, but also because it has such low emissions.

I couldn’t get a fully electric car as they’re expensive, and there is no where to charge it at home because I live in a flat.

I don’t eat much red meat which is a serious contributor. Unfortunately we’re all only individuals, and it will take mass co-operation to solve this problem.

The only footprints I’ve ever calculated were the ones that helped me steal stuff.

:footprints:

1 Like