Schizophrenia.com

Have you ever been told you're a survivor?

And took insult to it? I rather be a fighter than a survivor, or a winner instead of nice. What do you guys think?

1 Like

I think this website is mostly populated by survivors.

4 Likes

Nobody has said it, but I know I am a survivor after I tried to commit suicide with a razor blade. This was long time ago and I am still here writing and posting. All survivors … thumbs up :smiley:

1 Like

It’s not an either/or type of thing. Why not be a fighter and a survivor, a winner and nice?

4 Likes

I am not a fighter, but a survivor. After my suicide attempt years ago I have gained some additional respect toward the life, the life is most important, I would say I am a nice person, but not a winner at least in the traditional sense in which a person’s value is measured by financial states.

A lot of people use that as the measure of success, but I think there are better ways - like who you influenced and how you influenced them, who you helped, and how you benefited humanity.

4 Likes

I’m surviving myself constantly.

3 Likes

My dad told me that I’m a fighter and a survivor. I was told both in the same sentence by him.

Part of some fights is just surviving. I can confirm that to be true. Sometimes just making it is the victory.

Not all fights are fair, by the way.

2 Likes

Nah I’ve been told that im on my way out on more than a few occasions.

I’m more than a survivor I’m also a SOLDIER.

2 Likes

Don’t like being a survivor. It means something went wrong.

Don’t want to be a fighter either. I hate fights, they bore me and kind of just suck.

I don’t want to be strong either. Just means you are suffering.

I’ve actually been told that i shouldn’t give up. But this is only after fifteen years of straight ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■. They still say it though. “Don’t give up!” Ha! How in the ■■■■ did i give up exactly? Fifteen years not good enough for you?!