Have you ever been to a play before?

I think they’re pretty cool. I’ve been to some but I haven’t been to one since my sister took me up to San Francisco for my birthday a couple of years ago.

2 Likes

I haven’t been to a play for years, but, yeah, they are cool.

2 Likes

I’m driving a school bus full of kids to one next month. Was offered a free ticket, but plan to just walk around the area, which is quite nice, rather than subject myself to people. Then I’ll drive the kids home. Plays on Netflix are more my thang.

Pixel.

2 Likes

i saw the ’ mouse trap ’ in a london :office: theatre…when i was 9/10.
i was more interested in the theatre and the ornate design and how steep the seating was !?!
it was pretty boring…but ballet is more boring.
take care :alien:

2 Likes

I saw “much ado” at the Oregon Shakespeare fest… it was very cool

3 Likes

I saw Little Orphan Annie, in Salt Lake City. Also The Odd Couple at the Fox in Saint Louis.

3 Likes

I like high school plays when they are done right.

2 Likes

its been ages form high school to up town I must have seen hundreds of them.

2 Likes

I’ve been to a few - “Happy Birtthday Wanda June” by Kurt Vonnegut, “Biloxi Blues” by Neil Simon, and three others. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. They were good productions.

1 Like

I was forced into this play called “The Human Race”. Still watching it now and it’s amusing. Kind of depressing, too.

I wonder where it’s going?

I’ve been to one play/opera when I was a senior in high school up at south bend at a college close to notre dame college. it was pretty cool. the only bad thing there were some immature people in the audience and they kept playing with their cell phones instead of paying attention to the play.

I’ve seen “arsenic and old lace” years ago, also saw “litttle orphan Annie” too. Once I saw Marcel Marcieu but it wasn’t a play. He was phenomenal.

1 Like

i remember watching a play when i was a kid. i think it was called “Peter and the Wolf”. it was a school trip.

There is an armature theater in our area… just people who volunteer to do plays in the park or at the community center… This past summer was “Much Ado about nothing” … the kids did a good job.

I like those.

As far as a professional play? Does the Nutcracker count?

I also saw an amateur play. A bunch of local 20-somethings got together and put on a play a few months ago called “Rock of Ages.” Apparently there is a movie by that name too. I had a blast!