Have you ever been married?

How did you know you’d found “the one” ?

Were you scared of spending the rest of your life with just one person?

2 Likes

Yeah I was married for about four years then he requested a divorce saying he didn’t like that I was sick and on meds.
I’m doing a lot better single tbh.

5 Likes

I was married once, but I failed at it, was young and silly

2 Likes

waw I can not believe he did that. But good riddance from a person like this.

never been married, wow…I am too ill I find…

1 Like

Yeah I’m better off now his family was really toxic

1 Like

I think when it feels right, it just does. It happens effortlessly. When you meet someone you love and have fun with, everything falls into its place. I believe in this.

It does not mean two people who like each other cannot be happy together and a lot of marriages fail too.

I am like a married person. We never did ‘a wedding’ I have a lot of problems with him but I think all relationships are like this. He is accepting of my illness.

1 Like

I’m married. I knew he was the one with an immediate sense of it. He’s kind, generous, loving, and gentle. He’s a good dad. I wasn’t afraid to spend my life with just one person because with one person I can be totally confident and comfortable. He’s my best friend.

5 Likes

Why should i be scared about “spending the life with the same person”?.
There’s a saying: when you find a perfect perfume, you don’t change it. Same is with a man.

5 Likes

I’ve never been married. I have a girlfriend who I’ve lived with for the past 6 years. We’re very much in love, but my girlfriend’s ex-husband is a really bad guy, so we’re going to delay getting married so the ■■■■■■■ can keep making those hefty alimony payments.

4 Likes

9 year olds get married. You have to grow up before you can solemnize it.

1 Like

I got married in May 2008, and we separated in November 2008, divorced shortly after the one-year waiting period. She was my best friend, but I had a psychotic break around August/September of 2008, the sickest I’ve ever been, and it was more than she could handle. I was bitter about that for a while, but I get that my illness was putting her through hell too and, unlike me, she had a way out. I have no choice but to live with my illness; she did have a choice. I was never afraid of spending the rest of my life with her.

4 Likes

I am currently married.

I don’t believe in “the one”, its really about who you can have a real partnership with.

And I’m both terrified and comforted by the thought of spending my life with one person…

I was married to a borderline psychopath.
She was abusive and frequently engaged in mind games.
Eventually she became physically abusive.
Good riddance.

2 Likes

I have been married for almost 25 years. Got married in February of 93 and had my son in June.

You do the math.

2 Likes

What great questions, @everhopeful!
I was married the first time while deeply delusional. God told me that this person was the one I was to marry. He chose this man for me. It wasn’t a choice I made, it was God.
When this man turned out to be abusive towards me in every way he could be. I stayed in the marriage because God told me to.
When I did leave, I was confused and angry at God.
Many years later, when I met what I call my real husband, I felt like I already knew him. The sense of familiarity was uncanny. I was careful to be as aware and realistic as possible this time around. But I did have a sense that he was “the one”.
Oh, the thought of spending the rest of my life with someone is really scary, but I don’t want anyone else and I would be devastated without him. The fear of losing him is terrible.

4 Likes

I got married to a girl who I met through the old chat channel of this website. It was a good time for me and I moved overseas and did all that. It was good and worked for a while but she made some pretty silly decisions and one day I left. Still talk to her regularly and keep in touch with my step daughter from the relationship.

That was a while ago nowadays and sometimes you miss it. Still. Every experience teaches you something!

5 Likes

I have never been married but I have been in a relationship with my partner for ten years in January

1 Like

ive never been married but i would like to be. like they say, if it was…i was hoping it was the one that “stuck”. yet we are left asking ourselves to justify our fears of everyday life…not necessarily saying its a bad thing. its a metaphor of things. i cant talk about marriage because ive yet to seen it…it seems like nowadays to talk about marriage its about divorce almost, in the u.s culture. GL to us i guess~

1 Like

When i tried to walk out on my husband after about 5 months after we first met, I looked back on the dating website and then realised i couldn’t live without him and went straight back
pure unadulterated need, love, need - not wanting anyone else ever.
I knew when a little thing about him made me not want to be with him
turns out he’s autistic without learning disability.
so am I!
so thinking he was odd for not having sex after a few months turns out to be a good thing. At least i’m not married to a brute who has to have sex every morning till 11am

1 Like