Have you ever been doing well and then the bottom fell out?

I was dizzy and couldn’t stand very long so my pdoc decided to take me off zyprexa for two weeks to see if it was what was making me dizzy. My mental condition quickly declined. I could hardly eat, and lost 10 pounds. I heard voices, and had bizarre visual hallucinations which I have never had before. I saw smoke pouring out of the wall in the kitchen, and thought there was a fire. Other stuff happened. The next day I called my pdoc’s nurse and the day after got abilify. How can everything go from fine to fd in such a small amount of time? Now, I am trying to get better. I think I will be better, but it will take some time.

1 Like

So now you don’t take zyprexa anymore?
No antipsychotic at all?

I just take the Abilify. Isn’t it an antipsychotic?

Abilify certainly is an antipsychotic.

I was following doctors plans for me and taking my pills when the bottom fell out.

I think what was wrong with was I started eating goat’s milk and whole wheat all day long.

J.

All the time. But I’m doing better since I started vraylar in 2016. I used to be hospitalized every 6 months. Now, it is like once a year and it has not been as severe. So since 2016, I think I’ve been hospitalized twice, if my logic is right.

But I keep getting down. I just started depakote and lost all productivity because it makes me super tired and lazy. Sometimes I get weird thoughts, pain, but I feel better overall. I’m also on the lowest dose of topamax for weight loss.

I’m hoping I can drive again soon. I need to actually get the courage and guts to attend school part time next semester. I’m afraid and usually give up, relapse, or have family drama.

I’m currently experiencing minimal positive and negative symptoms. For the first time, I feel happy. I got really sick 7 years ago. The doctor said I’m in remission and have bipolar, not schizophrenia, which sounds like a lot of bullshit, but I think he’s right.

I believe stuff really did happen to me 7 years ago. I believe aliens are real and I have some ■■■■■■ up memory recall going on. Like I have memories of seeing greys in my past lives. I know they’re real, society is still in denial, which is fine by me. They’ll deny it even if it is staring them in the face.

Yep. I remember i experimented by not taking my Ziprasidone just for one day to see if i had any effect from it. Certainly did - i started to hear voices again, i was agitated, irritable, hardly communicated, had difficulty with concentration and memory. Will not be doing that again.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.