Schizophrenia.com

Have you been restrained?

If so, how many times and how?

2 Likes

Yes, too many, too many

2 Likes

4 or 5 times twice i woke up restrained and the other two times i was held down and maybe one or two other times maybe but memory is vague

2 Likes

never have been restrained and i’m glad for that =D

1 Like

Never been restrained

1 Like

I always remember when I tried to escape and they pinned me down to the bed with full force lol idk why I find it funny.

Not with straps just with their bodies and arms and such

1 Like

Wish i knew how to escape

Only once or twice.
I got arrested by the swat team.

1 Like

Best option if I was in your situation just keep cooperating with the Prof health team. The more you do that the sooner you get out of the Foster home.

1 Like

I guess youre righr

Not for any psychiatric reason.

1 Like

So by cooperation. Doesn’t mean you have to follow them completely blindly. You have the right to be curious and ask questions and stuff if you feel uncomfortable about something or just want to know further about something. And they will hopefully try to make you feel more at ease.
Just to clarify what I meant lol.

1 Like

Most likely. I know ive been forcibly injected. Oh yeah, I recall being restrained. Mostly for saying odd things and acting strange. Dont think i deserved it.

1 Like

Many times.

The worst was when I was 18, and the police had brought someone else in. I pretended to take the pills, and when the pdoc turned away I spat them out at the back of his head (Wouldn’t do that now)

They used the dozen or so officers to pin me down whilst they gave me a shot. I rugby tackled them all as they came in the doorway, and apparently one of them broke some ribs on a cupboard door.

I must have spaced out or something, as the next day I was taken by a police van to a forensic ward in the nearby city.

It wasn’t until I went back after being sexually assaulted by a patient at the forensic ward that I was told I threw an armchair through a glass window to a room with people in it.

Literally I still have no recollection of doing that. Not sure if it was the psychosis, or whatever it was they injected me with, but I went ■■■■■■■ nuts some how.

1 Like

Don’t remember how many times, I was generally not functioning well when it happened. I just remember being distressed about it at the time. I do know that it was needed and I bear no ill will over it. I feel fortunate that there were processes in place to protect myself and others when I was floridly ill.

1 Like

Several times. A few times in handcuffs, a few times in medical restraints tied to a bed, once I was restrained by a person because I tried to leave.

1 Like

I’ve been threatened with restraints once when I was anxious (not attention seeking) and I intentionally got restrained to see whats it like (attention seeking) once

1 Like

Yes, only by coppers. Being psychotic and drunk is not a good mix. I was so bonkers one time i was deemed unfit for trial and put in a forensic ward for a couple of days. 30+ years ago tho. Im a soft old mad man these days lol.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thats like one time i was restrained and released basically the next day or maybe it was a week who knows and i was drugged up real good basically psychiatric assault and all i can remember over the next couple days is patchy like getting into a cab sleeping on a bench sleeping in a parkette going to a homeless shelter then i was psychotic for months afterwards homeless in shelters / on the street

1 Like

A couple of times.

1 Like