Have you been in Paris, France

I’m glad to hear that. If I remember correctly I was on a mental illness site, maybe a schizophrenic site. As for the French Resistance, I can see how they might be mythologized, but I’m willing to take General Eisenhower’s statement at face value. I don’t know if you are interested in military history, but before the Normandy invasion we had totally faked Hitler out, and he was certain that we were going to land at Calaise. The Germans had stationed six panzer brigades at Calaise, and if they had ever got down to Normandy before we established a satisfactory beach head we never could have won the invasion of Normandy. Hitler refused to believe the allies were landing at Normandy, and he wouldn’t send those brigades down there. There were many bridges between Calaise and Normandy, and when the Germans finally figured out they had been tricked all the bridges had been blown up. The French must have played a large role in that, because they would know where all those bridges were. As a result, when the Panzer Brigades finally started to go down to Normandy it took them three weeks to reach Normandy, because all the bridges were blown up. I don’t know who all was involved in the destruction of these bridges. Allied airborne forces might have played a role. I recall hearing on one site about D Day that an American conventional unit took out a major bridge between Calaise and Normandy. As for the French Resistance, I don’t know what their role was in taking down these bridges, but it stands to reason that they played a large role in it. If it wasn’t the bridges, the French Resistance did blow up a lot of trains carrying ammo and other needed supplies to the Germans.

1 Like

I’ll probably not travel much in the future. I got my new passport a year ago and I wanted to travel to Saint Petersburg, Russia, but I have not done so because of this coronavirus pandemic. There are really nice places where I have been such as beaches of Costa Rica. I am glad I traveled when I was young.

@mjseu Me too.
Covid is really the only thing holding us back.

Saint Petersburg would be a nice trip.

A round trip ticket to Ireland is only $260 Round Trip. So doable if it were safe.

2 Likes

Yeah I watch YouTubers traveling a lot and feel transported to the destinations

1 Like

I’d like to be in Paris.

I’ve been in year 2000 I was 15! Ch33rs, to young for moulin rouge

I’d sure like to spend a night in Paris.

Went to Disney Land Paris as a kid with school

The other time I thought I was being chased, and I was psychotic and took the train to Paris.

I was only there overnight, and my mother came and found me and took me home.

Was a pretty scary situation

Hope next time I can go under better circumstances.

Hilton much?

XOXO

2 Likes

@crimby , Versailles does have gardens. They’re pretty and they are vast. Try to look em up on the internet.

1 Like

I guess I didn’t see them from my perspective, but the side facing us didn’t have gardens, and it looked barren and drab. I don’t know why. That was just the impression I got.

2 Likes

Yes the gardens are in the back. The interiors of the palace are very elegant though. More than what you would expect after only seeing it from the outside :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks ! :slight_smile:
I know pretty well the history of the WW2 but you teach me things.
Have a good day ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.