Have you achieved anything since your diagnosis that you're proud of?

I self published 2 poetry books on Amazon. They’re not the most amazing pieces of work but I’m proud of them.

4 Likes

That’s some amazing stuff you’ve done @keepsimple!

1 Like

I feel like such a loser compared to you. You’re doing so well. Way to go!

I wrote a book.

4 Likes

I haven’t accomplished anything except I quit smoking. It’s sad really.

1 Like

@Unclehenry - Hey man no reason to feel like that. You shouldn’t compare yourself to me anyway because we both have different paths. It wasn’t easy but it took a while for me to get here. I pushed myself everyday and still do to maintain some independence because I don’t want to rely on anyone else. I still live with my parents and have a roof over my head and get cooked food but other than that I do everything on my own.

Again it wasn’t easy and still isn’t but I keep pushing forward. I had a very tough time in the beginning and was having suicidal thoughts 24/7 for days and thought it would never get better but with time things do get better. I just decided to not give up. You can do it too I believe in you. Hang in there because we are all in this together!!!

2 Likes

I did graduate high school (barely).

1 Like

This is the first year since my diagnosis without being hospitalized. I also took pictures of, priced, and printed slips for a lot of items I had bought while manic. Lots of them were unopened. I made 2,500 dollars selling, and it was a full time job for me for a couple of months. It cleared out my hoard which is good since I can’t take everything with me anymore like I used to.

2 Likes

(I don’t think I could ever marry without having met Anders again and see how we are and clear and talk etc)

Sorry I just wanted to add that.

It’s not impossible we meet again and then I will know if I could ever marry my boyfriend or not.

1 Like

I reckon

I wrote an autobiography on the experience of schizophrenia …it is called “OUT OF IT” under schizophrenia autobiography search on amazon…I only sell about twenty a year but I made my money back that it cost to self publish so there’s that.

6 Likes

I have a son that’s 25 now during a period I didn’t use meds.
I work for 39 years and accomplish many things but in the end all you will remember is your family.

4 Likes

:zombie:

I am only adding to what I had in my reply…

Sorry

Actually I might change my mind about that.
Because I did not like it when he called me liten etc

I think the reason would be if I was not standing up for myself to be the person I want to be not who they want me to be.

Also encouraged to be more independent such as drive to the city by myself etc

I love :two_hearts: my man but don’t know if we will ever marry.

1 Like

lots of things

work, writing, races, certificates, volunteering, dating, buying a house, vacations with my kids, getting Poem of the Year (twice), concerts, events

thanks whoever brought this one back.

3 Likes

I got my Associates in Art im also two classes away from getting my Associates of Physics…I also have mixed mastered and produced an EP under the moniker Indigo Yellow. I made a few artworks with pencil and color pencil. I published 3 books on art including a very detailed study on Leonardo da Vinci’s life and work.

3 Likes

Yep i quit smoking crack quit doing heroine quit methadone quit drinking quit smoking

3 Likes

The most thing I’m really happy of is that I’ve gone from not being able to walk (paraplegia from waist down) to somehow managing walking. It’s something that I’m really proud of.
Also, I survived severe seizures (something similar to a stroke) that made me stay in emergency ward overnight, and I almost died from it. I honestly don’t remember much about this day but I’m just really glad I survived.

I guess I really deserve a spring, according to Virginia Woolf’s words.

4 Likes

I think that is great. I wish I could have the strength like you do. Very cool.

1 Like

Congratulations. I hope it sticks. I got clean and sober in 1990. Best thing I ever did for myself. Changed my whole life around (in a good way). After I got sober, then came the jobs, the friend, the car, living independently. My drug of choice was crack for four years.

1 Like