Have we prayed to all the gods for a cure?

I know we have a diverse group, but maybe there is a religion or pantheon we haven’t tried yet. I want to compile a list and see where we are at so far.

So there is the great potato. Who else?

3 Likes

I don’t think a cure would work on me because I’ve done further damage with drugs and alcohol. That said the meds work really well for me and make my life enjoyable and manageable. So I’m content at this point. I wish I COULD work but I’m also lazy so sometimes I question work. No magical treatment will ever make me normal and take away the scars and pain I’ve faced from the illness. All the trauma I’ve faced is best fought by therapy. Which I’m doing right now. I think if they could have an earlier intervention cure type thing then that’d be great it just doesn’t seem plausible and possible to completely reverse the damage that’s been done, at least for me. I hope for better meds so everyone can treat their symptoms as well as me, but right now the meds are working well for me and that’s the most I can ask. I’ve thought about careers In psychology or zoology but it does seem hard right now even with the meds. If there were some treatment I could accomplish those dreams then I’d be astonished but right now I feel on the path to being as healthy as I can be. My 2 cents.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re doing well @Goyankees. I’m sorry you have such permanent damage. None of us are without scars from this.

An earlier invention or cure? I don’t know. We could ask the Greek titan Kronos, god if time. Worth a shot.

3 Likes

I only focus on working to get better and making the most of what I have. Praying is futile.

1 Like

I don’t think Gods will cure it,
But to each their own beliefs and ideas and pursuits :slightly_smiling_face:
Metaphorically,
"I’d take the cure out of my heads grasp, drink it myself and continue with my day in the “right time of mind”

1 Like

Haha I love you @sunlion !!
I am also cure focused, a cure for schizophrenia would be such a wonderful thing!!

2 Likes

I’m working on it. Every day on my end.

the new gods obviously don’t care or most of us would be cured… and the old gods demand blood for boons… so good luck on the praying for a cure… I think ive tried the main ones from the Gilgamesh days up to jesus…

I’ve sacrificed several of my thralls to Óðinn, but unfortunately I haven’t reached the magical number yet. :thinking:

1 Like

Sz is such a big bucket of symptoms that I don’t think a single “cure” is possible or reasonable. Who’s to say sz really exists? At the end of the day all was have are symptoms and a label

1 Like

lol lol… I sacked paris rome and York and apparently that’s not good enough either… so I think Óðinn may still be upset about some things…

1 Like

I get the feeling Gods don’t like me. To make me suffer the way I have, I lost faith in God a long time ago.

1 Like

@Green you have all the love and support you need from me.

1 Like

@Erez_Shmerling.

Thanks mate, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

They have found schizophrenia everywhere so yes, we have prayed to all the gods.

1 Like

Tried the Christian god for 20 years. I don’t think there’s anyone or anything on the other end.

I have prayed for salvation but believe this is the life path I must take so I don’t really think it will come (for me)…usually even my attempts to go on medication are sabotaged in some way…

It’s all about your personal relationship with whom ever it is. As sz teaches, if you want to believe someone is listening it’s as good as if they are.

What would help the most would be a tangible answer. If I saw real proof for sure I’d believe. It’d be no different than anything else I believe because it’s proven.

What is a ‘real’ proof? A hallucination?

1 Like