Have to decide if I want to change to clozapine or not. Would mean a 6 week hospital stay

Am 99.99% sure I am going to decline. I can’t face 6 weeks inpatient.

Me and the doc both agreed my major problem right now is anxiety, not florid sz. He said that the clozapine might help the anxiety a bit but would most likely not be miraculous. He said it is a med for psychosis not anxiety.

Plus all the hassle of bloods and stuff seems to like a pain.

Just gonna buy some workbooks and work on my anxiety myself (I told the doc I didn’t want benzo).

4 Likes

Only benzo helped my anxiety. Eventually you can do blood test once in 2 months. I’ve been on clozapine for 5 years, best AP yet.

Weight gain was a problem but I’m slowly losing right now. Already lost 6kg in 1 month by emptying my fridge before sleeping, so if i wake up middle of the night, there would be nothing in fridge to eat.

2 Likes

I’m on Clozaril but Buspar is what helped with my anxiety; I take Buspar and Lexapro and my anxiety is almost zero.
I hope you feel better.

2 Likes

@anon94176359 Would you say you’re that treatment resistant you need it?

1 Like

That is a good point @firemonkey. I suppose I am a bit resistant as I have some symptoms but am not walking about floridly psychotic 25/7.

I would say anxiety is a much bigger problem and am not sure clozapine is gonna help that much.

Dead set now that I am gonna stay on the meds I am on now and make a concerted effort to tackle the anxiety by psychosocial means

1 Like

@shutterbug you are pretty well versed on mental health workbooks. Could you recommend anything for anxiety?

1 Like

Old but interesting.

1 Like

Clozapine is helpful to me. :racehorse::racehorse::racehorse:

3 Likes

@everhopeful what was the good brand of l-theanine again?

1 Like

https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/amino-acids/theanine-200mg/

1 Like

When I was there for starting Clozapine, I was leaving a lot. I would go back to my parents house for a mix and stuff and then come back later that day so they could monitor me. Hospital is not all that bad, it just gets really boring some times.

1 Like

Holy sh it. I can barely stand 6 days in the hospital, let alone 6 weeks.

1 Like

idk if this is the right one but i was recommended cbt workbooks from the works in town but they didnt have any when i went,

i think this may be it but not sure

@anon94176359 do you still take the pregabalin?

1 Like

Yeah I take 200mg a day. Not sure if it is helping tbh but it is hella hard to come off. You body gets used to the stuff

I was taking it for a while, its an anti-anxiety med isnt it?

1 Like

Yeah it’s for anxiety. How are you bud? How is your gf? Enjoy your trip to the islands?

1 Like

have you discussed it with your dr?

got back today, i was on the ferry when i chatted to you guys on discord today lol, was a nice trip, something different and not too far away :slight_smile:

1 Like

My brief respite from symptoms has ended. Feeling off again - can’t put my finger on it but not right anyway

You are wize not to jump into taking clozapine
I’m on clozapine and I still have breakthrough paranoia and voices
For me clozapine isn’t the wonder drug it was said to be
Good luck with your self help
CBT is a good treatment

1 Like

What dose of buspirone do you take? :thinking::thinking::thinking: