Have psychiatric medications benefited you?

Absolutely! My injections (Abilify Maintena) keep me from hallucinating people talking about me in front of me and believing it’s actually happening. My medication for nightmares (Prazosin) keeps me from having the traumatizing, fatiguing nightmares I’ve been plagued with most of my life.

2 Likes

Fewer reports of confused behavior.

Don’t hold me out of the hospital. But that must be something that can be done. I was hospitalized last time after using antipsychotics.

1 Like

Welcome @TeraDoom

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@anon4362788 , @Ninjastar , @Moonbeam, @rogueone, and @Bowens

Enjoy your stay with us!

1 Like

Wellbutrin has helped with my depression. Invega with my voices. Psychiatry isn’t rocket science :grin:

1 Like

absolutely nothing
makes everything worse
seems to cause psychosis
medication gives the symptoms of schizophrenia
i’m not diagnosed with schizophrenia

1 Like

i know they overprescribe to everyone and anyone and hope for the best
spray and pray

2 Likes

My Zyprexa keeps me out of hospital but I’m sure it is bad for general health. antipsychotic can cause cholesterol (I have a high level of it) and can cause diabetes and many other problems, also related to heart functionning (I had taken abilify once and went to the ER because my heart was beating like crazy) so I hope I can quit soon

1 Like

Yes they have.

What’s more is I drank wine a few times this year

And still didn’t relapse

Wowser

However I’m. Not going to play with fire

Since my life is precious

So will drink wine one more time :joy: :no_mouth: :thinking:

Then stop

1 Like
  1. Kept me in touch with reality
  2. Kept my behavior in check, so that I didn’t get killed
1 Like

A while ago I tried seroquel for stabilising my mood. It could have worked for that, but I quit early due to side effects, and because I preferred to fix the problem by myself, which I managed to do eventually.

Propranolol for migraines but it was too slow-acting, so next to useless.

I tried various things for sleep with mixed results. I’ve been taking mirtazapine recently, and it has got me back to some stability, which is what I wanted from it. I was planning to give it 3 weeks but since it has worked so quickly I can come off it early.

1 Like

Better mental stamina then normal people
Safe sleep
More confident
Safe from depression

But the only thing lost is the high trance of cigarettes and coffee

Tell me about your guys

Im feeling i should wait on meds for 3 years at most from 2 weeks i withdrawed one tablet of sertline very safe my problem started only after nervous shocks and i stayed on bad meds without goi no to doctor for while when i meet doctor every 2 weeks i stopped meeting him for 1 year finally im thinking this this experience with schizophrenia made me smarter and somehow its lifestyle away of being angry and annoyed all time also confused and very active on wrong things like games too much and leaving studying in my university im the first with my gpa in university now and very smarter in life everybody still can’t believe how different im and finally i lied and they believed it too much that im not taking and meds for schizophrenia now i kept secrt but i changed after meeting doctor weekly and after 1 year of being great if i told them im taking meds they will stop thinking it made problem at first i was taking meds by my mind without keeping on with doctor also ob the meds some doctors said Post-traumatic stress disorder after making Sleep dectcion test and they wrote for me some DRUGS my sleep was decreased at test is 85%

Im still beliving after three years from keep going can stop next year im going to my new job after university and feeling very excited

1 Like