Have any of you been uni?

I know a woman who got a degree in psychology. She went to work at a bank. She came early and stayed late, and now she is a high powered executive in charge of a whole region of the United States. She drives a Porsche, and she lives in a sumptuous house. If you have talent, and you’re willing to work hard, success will come, in spite of things you think might be limiting.

I have a BA in technical writing. I did well. All of my accomplishments were pre-illness. Now I’m compromised and still have to pay my student loans.

1 Like

I got a total discharge for my student loans. They were almost paid back though and I got about a $1200 refund. Look into it @anon1517417

2 Likes

its a good subject, definitely not for flipping burgers, you can do lots of things with that degree if you felt up for it,

me though as a person i looked into it but it seemed unobtainable and idk if i ever aimed that high,

i’d love to do an svq in care but it seems distant, i’ve been trying to get into it for ages but i always hit a wall :frowning:

2 Likes

I was in college for many years studying different things as I kept changing my major. Finally I received a BS in IT focusing on computer programming and software development. I graduated with a 3.97 Gpa. This illness has stopped me from working in my field. :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Did 5 years at med school. Flunked out.

2 Likes

Thank you for the acknowledgement @anon5927173.

2 Likes

im starting later this year! tentatively majoring in psychology and im gonna be pre med. very rigorous road to go so i may change if i cant hack it but im gonna stay optimistic

3 Likes

By the time I finally graduate with a bachelors degree I’ll be about 30 years old. I graduated high school at the age of 18. I started hearing voices at 19. I struggled through for another two solid years while psychotic undiagnosed and unmedicated. My senior year I kept withdrawing from school until I withdrew for good. Went to community college for another four years. Transferred to another four year university in the fall of 2017. It’s so depressing knowing that I will have spent as many years as kindergarten through high school at college. I have almost enough classes to be a biology major, but when I turn 30 assuming everything goes well I’ll have a bachelors in science in accounting. I’m so depressed that I don’t have an internship lined up for this summer. I dropped the ball and only applied to one. I got an interview for it two weeks ago but haven’t heard anything since which probably means I bombed the interview. I’m so depressed about being 27 years old and still trying to graduate.

1 Like

I went to university right after high school. a ways back now 2004. anyways didn’t get along with my roommate very well, it was like a cold war in our dorm we never said anything to each other. I managed to pass my freshman courses, but my anxiety crept in my sophomore year and I stopped going to class. withdrew and started working. tried community college a few years later but didn’t finish that either. right now I’m going to give it one last try, my goal is a certificate and an associates degree. should be able to pick that up for about 10k or so, not too bad.

1 Like

@sea00115699 27 years old is still quite young. It’s not uncommon for students to graduate uni in their late 20s and 30s these days, for a variety of reasons. The fact that you’ve stuck it out and have kept pursuing your education is very positive.

1 Like

Did like 3 years university doing an arts degree and did poorly. Ended up getting kicked out twice due to low grade point average. I was really struggling mentally even back then and didn’t have a chance of finishing that one!

I’ll be almost 30 years old when I start community college again. I almost graduated with a BA in mathematics…

I plan on getting an associates degree in Science and then transferring to a local university. I want to get a BA in mathematics. I much rather do computer science, but I don’t want to have to start all over.

Attending university now, 8 morw classes and I will have my bachelors in Publi Safety/Criminal Justice… it a challenge. Biology is really hard right now

1 Like

Wow @SunGirl 3.97 gpa is humongous. So sorry to hear you didn’t get to work in the field. I bet you would make a great software developer.

3 Likes

BS in physics
Minor in math
Did not go to graduation thing either

2 Likes

I went Uni for one year passed the first year but symptoms were too bad so had to leave

Thanks @Andrey !! I am looking to work as a companion now. I like helping people so it is a good field. :sun_with_face:

1 Like