Has schizophrenia changed your personality?

I used to be outgoing and hyper social. Quick in my head and joked a lot. Made ppl laugh. Now I’m introvert. I sit alone at lunch, hardly speak, the joy of life has vanished.

Care less now. Less interest in things.

Before I was diagnosed I was a fun outgoing person. Now I stay depressed and have anxiety. I say it changed my personality.

I’m a lot more blue collar and no collar after living as a mentally ill person for a lot of years. Group homes, disability check, etc. I use to be more white collar but now those people tend to get on my nerves. I’ve changed a lot but thats mostly from adapting to changes in my life. I don’t have to be around people all the time is one thing I’ve achieved.

Short answer yes in a lot of ways. Not all of them are bad though. Some are but not all. I think i’m wiser now.

I really wish I knew what my personality would have been like then I could tell if it changed.

I have had some of those changes. I guess the worst thing I lost was myself belief. Ya know the faith I had in myself to do great and wonderful things.

It soul destroying - wondering about what could have been.

i didnt know i had one…

No, not really. I’m still the same person I always was. The only difference is that I went through a break and then dedicated myself to taking care of my mental health because it’s now the most important issue.

I think everyone gets more boring as they get older too, so sometimes we might overanalyze what might also just be maturing and becoming adults.

2 Likes

Schizophrenia has changed my attitude, namely, I am more negative, but not my personality.

I do not know my true personality, I guess it’s underneath the layers of ■■■■ somewhere. Too many symptoms that cover up who I really am. Beneath the paranoia, anxiety, mania, depression, delusions, I am myself - whoever that may be

1 Like

The strangest surprise was I thought I was my brain.