Has Schizophrenia Caused You To Walk Away

You think I should then, I see. I dunno… I suppose you’re right. If she rejects me, nothing really changes, but if she accepts me, then we may be able to be friends again and I will have my friend back, though it will probably be really tough to develop that trust that we had in each other again. It may take years, but I think it’s worth it. She is my ultimate “one that got away.” Perhaps we can change that. Thank you @jukebox. I think I will find a way to contact her. I need to write down what I’m going to say. :thinking:

2 Likes

glad to help…I hope everything works out and you get your friend back.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Really, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Sadly it caused a few friends to walk away from me. I don’t really blame them.

1 Like

I hope things turn out well for you @Sardonic. I recently made a Facebook account and I’ve been terrified about reaching out to old friends for fear of rejection.

2 Likes

i have walked away from many friendships as they could not take me for who i was and didn’t understand my sz.Now iam Billy No Mates but it suits me fine, as iam a bit of a Maverick and i like to do my own thing most of the time.

2 Likes

It’s definitely caused me to walk away from a lot of potential partners. :frowning:

1 Like

Sorta walked out on the wife years ago - or rather my decision making skills were not up-to-scratch. I was causing her pain -
and i wasnt in a fit state.

Ive walked away (and been walked on) from woman in the past. If im gonna have a decent relationship (and not a quick shag) - they are gonna have to be Sz as well. Normal woman dont understand. Im willing to wait.

2 Likes

My fears or anxiety kept me from trying to move relationships beyond the friend stage. My fears ran from those of inadequacy to distrust of the other person’s intentions (I often thought they were interested in my twin brother even when he was 400 miles away and married with children. I really should have been more concerned with my younger brother who used to be able to bench press over 150 pounds while my arm muscles were weak as ■■■■. But I was thinking about things from a money perspective at the time.)

1 Like

Tinder defo not an option for us then Rob!

2 Likes

Lol! nah Never used Tinder - and never will.!! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.