Has Schizophrenia Caused You To Walk Away

From someone you love? At the time I did not know, but was I was in another world at the time and felt I had to walk away from someone to this day, owns property in my brain.

I felt not worthy of their company , even though they were doing everything to get in touch with me, I would just hide from them

Ever happen to you?

8 Likes

Absolutely this has happened to me. Someone I came close to proposing too I ended up ghosting. Breaks my heart

3 Likes

Yes. I was proposed to in marriage once by a guy I really liked. I told him he didn’t know what he was saying, and that he wouldn’t want to be married to me because I was too MI.

4 Likes

yes, but only because of my kids

and the expense it would be if we got married.

2 Likes

I left my fiance and mother of 2 of my 3 kids because a song was the universe telling me to. She is now marrying someone else and I’m friends with them both. I think it turned out nice for them.

2 Likes

I kind of left everyone because I feared hurting them emotionally and I feel like I’m not the person I used to be

3 Likes

I almost left Mr. Star right before our wedding, because I had a psychotic episode and I was furious at him for some reason or other. I remember grabbing my keys, walking to the door, and then turning and locking myself in the bathroom instead. It was a scary night for both of us.

5 Likes

I had a boyfriend once who was super nice and patient, and nerdy just like me. We were a perfect match, but I was undiagnosed at the time and the voices had me convinced he didn’t really love me.

It’s been over 5 years and I still regret it.

5 Likes

It never goes away when you have let a good one get away, I will always miss her, Although I often think she would have left anyway, with all that has happened over the years with this illness

3 Likes

i had a friend when sz first struck me, i was deeply psychotic and was told not to be friends with that person, i just had to let them go, i feel poorly about that

3 Likes

I left my boyfriend and stepdaughter. Kind of sad about it still when i think about it.

I also left a friend, but came back to him later and he forgave me when i explained the psychosis thing.

2 Likes

When I was prodromal, I kept going on day-long walks in “whimsical” directions to escape the “cameras” and the “prediction algorithm” that I imagined was placed on me.

I am okay with these things now. I still believe in them though, but it doesn’t disrupt my living. What stops me from going out is my head pain though, since it doesn’t take much stress to trigger my icepick headache. Just a moderately stressful thought can do it.

1 Like

I have ghosted a lot of girls cause of schizophrenia cause I was paranoid had a hard time getting back into a relationship cause I think I will just do it again my family talks me out of ghosting them mom dad ants uncles

1 Like

If you’re stable try un-ghosting them, I’m sure they’d want to hear from you again.

1 Like

I had a fiance once who loved me and I loved him back. Unfortunately, I didn’t believe he loved me. I suspected he was planning on leaving me. I suspected he was gay. Lord knows what all else I believed I was so paranoid. Anyway, I was so miserable with paranoid delusions that I called off the wedding.

1 Like

If I had my druthers I would still be with Julie and she would still be alive…I was delusional when I left her and went to be with my to be wife in AZ. Julile was very hard to live with though so I don’t know if she and I would’ve survived her bipolarness…she was so depressed she wouldn’t get out of bed for weeks…then she would be manic when we got paid and she would be so happy for a day or two and then boom back to the bedstricken state. anyways…maybe I could have saved her.

2 Likes

Julie sounds a lot like my friend, ex gf.

1 Like

I have been in two serious relationships where I’ve relapsed. I don’t think I let a good thing get away. Neither were understanding of my MI and were unable to see that I was psychotic, or if they did, treated me like I was an unpredictable psycho and was bad to my core.

There was one person though that I wish I had been medicated while dating. It was early on in the illness where I hadn’t been diagnosed. I think he was a wonderful and intelligent person, but I was just speaking gibberish.

1 Like

I had a best friend. We had been pals since elementary school. 2013 rolled around and I began getting sick. The paranoia and mood symptoms began. They gave me some Lexapro and called it a wrap. One night, our last time hanging out, she asked if I was really okay, and told me that I was her best friend. I said that I was okay, and that she was my best friend too. I didn’t lie. I thought I was okay, as I felt much better than I had. If only I knew how wrong I was. My depression was okay for about a week, but then it began to worsen again. The voices began, though I thought they were intrusive thoughts at the time. I mean, how could I have known any different? I’ve had intrusive thoughts and compulsions since I was very young. I assumed they were the same, even thought they felt different. All this, combined with starting marching band, and I hadn’t even seen my friend in months. She kinda stopped trusting me, (not that I blame her) and just like that, our beautiful friendship was gone. If there was one thing that I could change, it would be the first time (like, ever, unless I had a cold or something) that I declined hanging out with her. I wish I could go back and hang out with her all of those times, no matter how awful I felt. I mean, it’s been years. I’ve been mulling over reaching out to her, but I think it may be too late. I hope not. I just want my friend back.

2 Likes

@Sardonic please reach out to her…look her up on facebook? perfect place for meeting up with old old friends.

2 Likes