Has my singing improved?

Maybe it does have it idk. It without a doubt works differently from PT tho

Ive heard great things about Studio One, my friend uses it and hes a semi successful local rapper in the Chico, CA area. His stuff sounds clean and he swears by it for recording. I would go for that, I heard its the PT killer haha

2 Likes

Yeah, Studio One might be where I wind up. I just thought Reaper might be worth a try, because it’s cheap and I’m broke LOL

1 Like

I feel ya man. Well let me know how it works out, and if you got anything cooking in the studio for sure let me have a taste haha!

1 Like

For sure man. Here’s one I recorded recently. I should say, it’s not religious at all in nature, it’s about the process of writing songs. Hope I don’t get flagged, LOL

5 Likes

I’ve posted a lot more triggering sounds not buried in a
Deep thread. Which didn’t get deleted … YOURE good :relieved:!!! Great lyrics

3 Likes

No worries man! I remember this one, I def remember thinking the guitar tone was very Allman Brothers, which I adore. Very cool lyrics too! Second time listening and its sinking in a lot more now and it all makes sense haha

As always the production is top notch!

3 Likes

Thanks guys, much appreciated. @zwolfgang I forgot I had sent that one to you already, repeating myself LOL

Did I ever send you the song Dime-store Jesus? It’s about a schizophrenic guy when I was growing up, he used to hand out pamphlets and preach at the bus station. But he preached about numbers and how physics related to the Bible. He was an interesting guy LOL and this was long before my own diagnosis

2 Likes

Np, and damn no havent heard that one. Sounds intriguing, post it for sure!

Here you go

2 Likes

Listened to it. Man what a ride. Very interesting story told by the lyrics. I really like your lyricism a lot, and the guitar was again wonderful, the tone is very good!

Do you record all the instruments in your studio? I really wish I could get some good live drums going but thats the hardest thing to engineer. Micing it up and setting up the drums, treating the room etc. is all a bit beyond me!

2 Likes

Thanks man. That one is close to my heart, it brings back a lot of fond memories of my teenage years. And of course, little did I know that one day I would be that guy LOL

Drums are a b****, for sure. On the first album I did with our band, the drums are miced. But now I’m using A Different Drummer, Doug, and he has an electronic kit that sounds like gold. I don’t even have to mix them or treat them in any way, it just comes out sounding good

2 Likes

No prob man, it def did sound very wistful and heartfelt

Ooooh theres an idea! I might snag one when I dont have a tiny apartment anymore lol. What kit if you dont mind me asking?

1 Like

Well all I can say is that you have nice voice better then mine in terms of singing but midn you I cant sing at all. but its unique and dont put your self down for that it’s good to be unique

3 Likes

Thanks @zwolfgang very much appreciated.

I believe his electronic kit is a Roland. You can do all the mixing and levels right on the kit, and then you just run it into the board in stereo. Done!

1 Like

Thanks @flowerfairy! Yes Ive been told its unique, I def like that because it doesnt sound like everyone else haha

I just gotta learn to harness that uniqueness. Im gettin real close I think!

Np @Cragger thanks for the tip, Ill check it out, the on-kit mixing sounds fantastico!

1 Like

Yeah I noticed too. But your voice is amazing zwolf. Do you run scales (musical scales)?

Sing :notes: “Doe ray me fa so me ray do”

@zwolfgang make sure to project your voice as strong as you can and breathe using your diaphragm. I was in choir in school for years and years. We did musical scales of some sort every day

2 Likes

Thanks @Loke ! I used to everyday, now I only do it to warm up for a song. I should get back into high practice gear if I want my voice to really take off

Main reason is I wanted to extend my range, but now Im kinda happy just being a baritone. I do wanna get better within my range tho so I should get going on that

Thanks for the video! Ill check it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Cragger wow! That was really nice :blush: song

2 Likes

Just love your voice and really love the lyrics and also the guitar riffs. Very professionally done.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @Loke and @SkinnyMe . Glad you liked it :blush:

2 Likes