Has my email been hacked?

I got an email from a company this morning saying thanks for your purchase and here is your confirmation code. Had no name just to my email account.

It had the last 4 digits of the debit card used in the transaction. They weren’t mine and when I checked no money had left my account.

There was a second email from 20 minutes later saying you spoke to our customer support team - how do you rate us?

So first thing I changed the password on all my email. I get notification if anyone had signed into my account and no one had.

Next I phoned the company and they said they think it was just an error - either the customer accidentally said the wrong email or the team logged it wrong.

Have I done everything I should do?

Have run virus scans on all my computers too

The company was a train company. Someone had bought a ticket

That happened to a relative of mine. It was just human error.

3 Likes

Thanks @everhopeful that eases my mind.

1 Like

I think maybe the second email about speaking to the team might have been this person saying they had accidentally entered a the wrong email

1 Like

I think someone must have provided your email address for a transaction they made. Not hacked.

1 Like

I get so much spam I just delete it all. You did much more than I would have done. I would have just deleted it.

1 Like

My email has secondary authentication. Am 100% sure nobody got into it

2 Likes

Wow i kept every single 15000 letters I have

1 Like

Sounds like phishing. Dont click on tge links or respond.

3 Likes

I got one mail like that one time. Figured it was phishing and ignored it.

2 Likes

Yeah 100% sure it was a phishing attempt. Never clicked on anything

3 Likes

I got an email that said,”Margaret thank you for your payment.” It was just an error as my name is not Margaret.

1 Like

Yeah after a bit of online research the whole email is dodgy as anything. The sites named aren’t private or anything. Completely bogus

I get some spam mail.

1 Like

Usually all dodgy stuff gets filtered out of my inbox. This time it didn’t. Pays to skeptical online.

How are the hogs @Loke?

They’re getting bigger every day. We’re feeding them every two hours. Friday my dad picked up three pot bellied pigs. They’re small and incredibly cute.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking how much does a little pot belly pig cost? Hundreds of dollars or tens?

I don’t know. The pot bellied were free. The woman was moving and couldn’t keep them.

1 Like