Has anyone used a weighted blanket before?

Has anyone used a weighted blanket before? I’ve heard they can be very helpful for insomnia. I’m reluctant to buy one though since they’re somewhat expensive and I dislike wasting money.

1 Like

hey buddy long time no see!!!
where have u been…???
just got curious…!!!

1 Like

Hey! Good to hear form you @far_cry0!

I’m still come around sometimes but don’t spend nearly the same amount of time on this site ever since I quit prozac since I feel much less chatty. I’ve just been doing other IRL hobbies.

How are you doing?

1 Like

When I did my clinical in the hospital the head nurse made a weighted blanket for the unit. Maybe you could make your own? https://craftnectar.com/2009/09/03/calming-the-senses-with-weighted-blankets/

1 Like

I’m not a very crafty person so would not likely make my own, but I appreciate the link!

Were you ever able to use the weighted blanked? And if so, did you find it helpful?

i am doing fine bro…
i have an appointment with pdoc this week…
i am not able to sleep this days…currently i have head ache and eye pain …clozapam is not really helping
me to get asleep(sleep) i guess doc will add extra sleeping aide to my current medication regiment…!!!
good bye bro…and good night…!!!
take care and see U…!!!

1 Like

I was a nursing student at the time doing my working rotation at the behavioral health unit. The weighted blanket definitely calmed people down and they really liked it. It could be washed after every use.

1 Like

This weighted blanket sounds like a really good aid to sleep and be calmer.
Maybe it acts soothing and calming and comforting and nurturing.
I would try this blancet I think.
It sounds like a good positive n helping thing.
Theres some amazing inventions out there.

Far cry , have you told your dr that you may like a extra sleeping aid?

I use zoplikone or is it zoplicone with c…
Anyway it is similar or same ingredients to Immovane.
It has been very helpful for me to get to sleep.
It does not seem to have many side effects either.
I use half a tablet only when needed or I feel i need/want the help to sleep.

A good nights or days sleep can help your head ache and eye pain perhaps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.