Has anyone tried running an online business?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried selling stuff online for extra money like running an eBay business, running a website, selling apps, legal bitcoin stuff etc…

I haven’t done much with it yet other than selling a song on cd baby, amazon and itunes which I barely broke even on. My sister in law used to sell bedding on eBay. I have bought things on Craigslist but haven’t tried selling stuff. Etsy looks interesting too.

I was just wondering if anyone has found doing online stuff profitable and worth the trouble.

I license images online for my photography business. Unfortunately my sales have gone down as the U.S. economy has, which is where most of my business came from (I’m in Canada). I am hopeful that your next president will be better for the U.S. economy and my sales than the current one has been.

10-96

1 Like

I had an online business that failed. I put a lot of effort into it. It made money eventually, then sales fell,then I closed it. I closed it more due to schizophrenia than lack of sales. It can be quite stressful dealing with paying customers when things go wrong.

1 Like

Yeah I am thinking I might have more luck with doing stuff with apps like Uber. There are a lot of disabled and senior citizens in my community and maybe finding new ways to help them out might be useful.

I made a simple app for my dad to order groceries on his kindle and email it to me… At least I already have one paying customer :smile:

2 Likes

I sold computers that I had built on Craigslist and to my neighbor and to a friend during 2009, 2010, 2011. I sold below cost so I lost money. It was just for fun.

1 Like

I was looking into it on Etsy. I’m a creative type and I was thinking of designing embroidery designs and maybe digital artwork. They can be set up for instant download for the buyer, so no shipping headaches.
Not possible right now due to what’s going on in my life but maybe a future plan.

1 Like