Has anyone tried NAC?

I unfortunately cannot post a link as I’m new to the site, but if you google NAC and schizophrenia, schizophrenia options . com has a good article on NAC. The studies done on it have shown it to be effective.

I tried it, and unfortunately it had no effect.

I’d advise 5htp for stabilizing mood unless you have traumas you don’t want to remember clearly…

also I’ve been taking GABA which was effective for a week but you are basically supposed to take it with every meal and I’m lazy and fell off that wagon.

It’s the brain’s natural neural inhibitor all around. Only thing is it doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier. It eases the nerves of the body… almost to the point that it is as mood stabilizing as 5htp(serotonin precursor) just by killing bodily anx. I was told to take it 5 days off and then 2 days off and it’s supposed to start triggering the actual brain to produce more… at that point the GABA levels should be increased in the brain (my amateur theory, though GABA is produced in the brain) if the body is used to having more it’ll call for more… that’s the nature of homeostasis… which the brain likes to maintain.

There are a lot of amino acids at work in the brain… some naturally produced by the body and others that are added by supplements/diet/substance use… The big three dopamine(pleasure), serotonin(stability), norepenephrine(sexual excitement), there is also oxytocin(love & comfort), GABA apparently has a totally undervalued role in those with mental illness and substance abuse… without it it’s more difficult to relax and accept boredom…

epinephrine is adrenaline… norepinephrine is something similar but it’s still quite mysterious to me…

if I didn’t have SZ I’d take 5-HTP(serotonin) L-Tyrosine(dopamine and norepenephrine)… and a GABA substance regiment off and on again to maintain the ability of disuse and unneed of the others chemicals… Higher highs and more comfortable lows…

with SZ the dopamine is too dangerous to amplify… though I smoke nicotine…

also they say that MILD amountns of caffeine improve focus and memory… it’s too easy to cross the line and become distracted by the anx, jitters, and lack of focus/comfort…

Neuroscience can be fun! (Though all this shit can vary from person to person)

I used to work At a vitamin store. Almost all placebos