Has anyone tried a Quorn product before?

This is the first I’ve heard of it. Apparently it’s a fungus protein that is twice as strong as milk protein. I don’t think it’s sold in my grocery store. Not entirely sure what it is but, some of the products looks like some type of veggie burgers.

Yeah sure, I always get the cocktail sausages, they taste better than real ones. I just checked, it is a UK company so it is only really available primarily in Europe.

1 Like

Its not bad, used to eat it a lot in england. Can’t find it here in canada though.
As far as meat alternatives go it doesn’t taste bad

2 Likes

I 've tried it a few times. It’s supposed to absorb the flavours of spices etc if you use the mince. I’m not sure about that though.

1 Like

From 2008 . See post 2. May be out of date.

https://www.librarything.com/topic/35152

1 Like

Its been marketed for years in the Uk. The ex-wife used to eat it. Fcking disgusting when i tried it. Im a meat and 2 veg man with beef gravy.

2 Likes

This stuff I like but I’ve thrown up from it, More than once.

1 Like

Oh it’s a UK product.
I don’t think it’s widely available here in the States.

2 Likes

Yeah its been in the uk for about 10 years. Its like Guiness or marmite - its an acquired taste. You may like it - but i didnt. And when i had a couple of their sausages, i got the sh!ts afterwards.

2 Likes

I’m with you @Naarai
I prefer real meat.

2 Likes

Yeah im slowly eating a half leg of lamb i cooked the other day. The rest i sliced up and frozen. lol.

2 Likes

Sounds good!
I love lamb! :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah its about 8.50-9.00 Quid here for half a leg so i dont have it often. I usually do a massive cook with joints like that and slice and freeze it anyway for an easy roast dinner. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.