Has anyone quit caffeine?

I drink coffee every day. Sometimes, I also have a Zevia soda (caffeinated), later in the day.

But I stop drinking caffeine when I’m manic or in a mixed mood, as the caffeine just makes the situation worse. But once my mood is stable again, I go back to the caffeine. I crave coffee. I just really love the taste; I drink it black.

For advice on quitting, I found it easier to stop drinking caffeine if I replaced my usual “caffeine times” with other beverages. For example, instead of a morning coffee, I would have an herbal tea (has no caffeine). And instead of a caffeinated Zevia soda in the evening (like Mountain Zevia), I’d have a caffeine free Zevia soda (like Creamy Root Beer).

I mean, you could personalize your replacement beverages to whatever you personally like, that is caffeine free.

But that’s what made it easier for me, was having other drinks that replaced the caffeinated drinks.

4 Likes

I drink my coffee black too but I don’t like the taste. I like Java Monsters but I don’t buy them anymore because my dad doesn’t want me to go to ARCO to get them.

I could try getting Zevias with no caffeine. I think the Co-op by my house has them.

2 Likes

I want to stop drinking coffee. I drank a little this morning, but I immediately got anxious. I can’t think clearly on this drink. Now I have to wait until the caffeine leaves my system.

1 Like

I don’t get anxious from coffee but it keeps me up at night. Last night I couldn’t sleep because I had coffee after 3pm so I got up and watched a movie.

1 Like

Yes I only drink decaff, like others have said, caffeine interferes with my sleep

2 Likes

I’m trying to get off caffeine. I’m down to one cup of coffee a day and a 12oz can of diet Coke.

1 Like

I enjoy a coffee or a tea every morning and sometimes a tea during the afternoon or evening and also any espresso after dinner. But I i am feeling very scrappy usually with a severe headache. Its base in forgot to have caffiene that day.

1 Like

I got a headache earlier this month when I tried to quit caffeine so I kept drinking coffee

Is it palatable?

I buy it unsweetened in cartons. Its very expensive, but I couldn’t enjoy my coffee with the homemade oat milk I made. I spend about £7 a week on oat milk, which is a big chuck of my weekly shop.

1 Like

I always go for Tea, 2 times a day, have quit coffee about 2 years due to chest burns.

1 Like

I used to put oat milk in my coffee sometimes. Now I just drink it black. My grandmother used to put milk in my tea when I visited her when I was a kid but now I don’t add anything to my tea.

1 Like

I feel like I don’t get much effect from caffeine anymore. But also, why would you want to quit coffee? I feel like there aren’t much downsides to caffeine unless you have such a high tolerance to it that you no longer feel the effects. Hence, I should probably take a tolerance break.

I just don’t want to be addicted to caffeine or anything else but I read about how healthy coffee and tea are so I decided to keep drinking them for the health benefits.

1 Like

Well unless it gives you anxiety. If it gives you anxiety I can understand wanting to quit. I used to get anxiety from caffeine. But now I don’t feel anything when I drink it. So maybe if I take a tolerance break I’ll be able to feel the effects again.

It doesn’t give me anxiety. I don’t feel anything from it but it keeps me awake at night if I drink it too late in the day. I’m just going to drink it in the morning from now on.

1 Like

I don’t drink coffee but use caffeine pillls, 400mg/day. It helps with meds drowsiness and sleepiness.

2 Likes

I don’t take caffeine pills anymore because I’ve overdosed on them before. Coffee and tea are all I consume for caffeine now.

2 Likes

I generally quit caffeine years ago, but on occasion I have occasionally ate chocolate. Every time I withdraw I got angry easily and had fantasies of being violent. I try very hard to stay away from that crap.

2 Likes

I rather drink unsweetened coffee over water. I don’t think caffeine is bad. But I do get insane headache withdrawals if I don’t get my fix. So I am physically dependent on it.

I started drinking tons of coffee when I was on seroquel also due to zombie like sedation.

1 Like

I have a worse caffeine addiction than anyone else i know. I cant quit. The headaches are so bad that i cant think about anything but the pain. The worst part of having covid for me was that i couldnt drink coffee for a whole day at one point.

1 Like