Has anyone on here quit Antipsychotics and didnt have a relapse since then?

Man… so many people are saying that they had their symptoms come back after stopping the AP. i wonder if its really true that 33% of people who had schizophrenic experience can live their life completely free of meds after only one single breakdown. to me it sounds more like 1% right now. but perhaps the people who dont have to take meds anymore and can go about living their lifes are no longer interested in going on forums to talk about their one time bad experience.

1 Like

I got off meds once for 5 years almost until i smoked some cannabis. You need to slowly reduce the dosage, if you just stop you will relapse.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Yeah i was on a 50mg dosage of Xeplion for the last 2 months. it is the least amount available in europe. i believe in the USA there are also 25mg of invega but we dont have that here.

Are you still on meds right now? how much are you taking? Did you feel better when you dropped the meds for 5 years? How bad and how long was the psychosis after you smoked the weed?

I’m on meds. I’m on 40mg Depixol Injection.

I felt much better once I got off meds the first time. My sexual functioning returned, it was great, i felt well and normal. After I smoked the weed it took a few weeks for the schizophrenia to return and I got put in a hospital.

I recommend you don’t just drop off of 50mg of your injection. Cut down the injection to 25mg, you can do that by just not injectioning as much of the ampule.

In my case when i received 50mg over the former 100mg i experienced in less than a weeks time not just a better mood but also the usual symptoms such as voices GOING AWAY and sometimes even become positive instead of negative. so im confident that if i drop it again the already nonexistent symptoms vanish completely and my mood will be even better. i still have a weird sense of ‘unfree’ thinking it kind of hinders me to feel pleasure for having thoughts of a better future or if i come up with something creative and new it also prevents me from acting on my thoughts because i receive no pleasure from the thoughts much less from doing things. i heard that the invega takes 3-6 months to be flushed from the body so the earlier and abrupt i cancel the med the faster it will be gone out of the system. if the studies are true then 1/3 of all people who have suffered schizophrenic episodes can drop the meds completly and return to a normal life without worry. lets hope im lucky.

in case im not: do you suffer any side effects from your AP? like weight gain or anhedonia? i might consider a med change if the psychosis should return.

I lost a bunch of weight when I started taking Geodon. On a high dose I had a lowered sex drive and I slept all the time. On 60 mg I have a normal sex drive (which is still lower than my average but not by much) and I sleep about ten hours a day.

Yes, I got off the med’s completely. I didn’t get psychotic until about six to eight months later. I was pretty far out there. I thought snipers were after me. I heard this really, really loud Indian war cry at about three in the morning. It was nothing like a coyote howl.

1 Like

I might want to try that Indian war cry. lol :blush:
I could have imagine you walking funny in nyc trying to do matrix in middle of street.

I couldn’t help it to just imagine it. lol

But I can sense your pain. I think my scenario is similar.