Has anyone had psychosis on Invega?

Has anyone had psychosis on Invega? I’ve been getting delusions because I was watching a YouTube channel of people who claim to be prophets talking about evil things that are going to happen in the world. The thing is is that I don’t know how anyone can know the future but I’m paranoid. Should I ask my psychiatrist to go back on Seroquel or Zyprexa? I’ve also been having anxiety and insomnia and those meds help with those things and I never had delusions on them.

1 Like

I’ve never had psychosis that I had insight into on invega, but I am thinking about switching to zyprexa because its not as bad for the heart

1 Like

That’s the problem with me is that I lost insight.

1 Like

Are you sure you lost insight? Did you behave in a way that was unusual? Maybe you are only having delusional ideas but not beliefs.

1 Like

Well I kept watching videos of people saying there were going to be earthquakes so I bought a bunch of wilderness survival gear thinking it would help if there was an earthquake and my house collapsed.

That’s a little suspect but not that strange. Hard call, I’d talk to a doctor or medical/ psych professional about what is going on.

1 Like

I have them all the time, it is mostly because I’m treatment resistance, I’m sorry you’re having symptoms, you should talk to your dr, as soon as you know.

2 Likes

Antipsychotics can only do so much. Stay away from things that are triggering. Sorry, but that’s how your life is from now on.

2 Likes

Sorry that you’re treatment resistant.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not gonna watch those videos anymore.

I’ve got the same problem with alien videos on Ytube - not just you.

I used to watch alien videos and ancient aliens. I don’t anymore.

1 Like

I hope you get better, Manny. I know how hard it is to have break through symptoms.

2 Likes

Thanks @Waffles. I’m on the highest dose of Invega Trinza and I was still believing bs YouTube videos. I have to stop being so stupid.

1 Like

I know some people here have problems with tarot readers. There is a channel on there that I know is talking to me. I have my theories about that, but generally my advice would be to not let screens dictate what is real for you. Look out your window, touch some grass, talk to people. That’s how you find out what is real. Don’t worry about youtube

1 Like

Yeah YouTube is full of bs. I used to watch conspiracy theory videos a long time ago and I believed them because I was young and stupid. I have to stop being so gullible and believing everything people say.

I would think your you tube watching is a trigger that maybe you should stop watching those.

1 Like

Yeah YouTube is a trigger for me. So is TV and so are movies and the internet. I don’t want to cut those things out of my life completely. I just have to be careful what I watch and read.

1 Like

My son did. 15151515

1 Like

Sorry about that.

1 Like