Has anyone had a positive experience with haldol

Haldol was the worst thing I ever had injected into me.

The name itself insinuates making a ‘doll’ out of the computer ‘Hal’…

After coming to consciousness after a Haldol injection, I felt like my head was under a lot of static or discomfort.

Overall, very unpleasant, especially the circumstances of administration of the drug as well.

1 Like

I’m positive that I’ve hated every single experience I’ve ever had with it.

What is TD?

I am on 5 mg haldol no side effects just sexual disfunction , but its on every drug also

I took before xeplion injection , haldol is better to me

I remember it not doing a damn thing!

A bipolar girl on the ward said haloperidol means falling halo. She also said pigs were given Thorazine to fatten them up.

TD is tardive dyskinesia. It’s a movement disorder where you make jerky or strange repetitive movements you can’t control that can be permanent.

1 Like

My wife has been using Haloperidol for 10 years for anxiety/ panic, and has never had any side effects from it, she only takes a very low dose, much to little to have any effect on psychosis.
20170814_170648

Been taking it as an addition to my other medication (transitioning to abilify) and it does me good. I usually take it when I get break through symptoms. Thank the gods and goddesses it works!

Goddammit I love haldol but my pdoc put me on loxapine.

I am going to the nursing clinic to have my 500 mg clopixol njection today. 500 clopixol every 14. Day is equal to 250 haldol decanoate monthly. I take 2 pills for side effects. I have been on this injection for 21 years and I never missed a dose.

1 Like

I take 4 milligrams at night of haldol. Super cheap and works well.

i am searching posts about haldol trying to see how it has worked for people

im thinking of trying this med i have never been on a typical ap but i wonder if haldol or another typical ap would work for me, im going to ask my doc if i can try it and if it is too bad i will just switch to a different one because right now i cant afford any of the atypical ap’s and the ones i can afford i have already tried and they didnt work for me or caused bad side effects

Yeah my tongue became partially paralysed. I couldn’t speak…