Has anyone from your past ever tried to contact you?

I have a relative with the same name as me. They’re on facebook, I’m not. Someone I used to know from the 90s contacted my relative to see if it was me.

I told my relative to just pretend that he didn’t know me as I had no desire to rekindle friendship with that particular guy.

7 Likes

kinda, i had an old roomate, and friend, who i fell out of touch with, he talked to my cousin and gave her his number to give to me to get ahold of him. i hadn’t talked to him in about 10 years. anyways turns out he was just about to get married and was wanting to invite me to the wedding. so then we kinda started talking again and i went to the wedding. that’s the only time.

1 Like

Yeah, we continued to speak. But I’ve cut her off many time. Even recently I cut her off again.

She got the hint for sure, but then there’s also an element of desperation, it’s actually the weirdest thing … it’s usually the psychos imo!

1 Like

One of my old high school buddies contacted me on facebook. We chatted for awhile, exchanged phone numbers and texted a bit. I told him about my sz, and he stopped talking to me. He’s a busy guy though.

1 Like

In fact I just remembered, a fellow patient with supposed schizophrenia recently tried to contact me as well. But I suspect he’s not schizophrenic at all, and there’s a deeper issue at bay !

He’s from another country and his motivations always center around how he can leave his country and marry a non his country person. It’s actually the creepiest thing when you can see what drives an actually insane person (schizophrenia isn’t really insanity imo, it’s a manifestation of insane episodes but for the most part it’s treatable but with these stalker people? They actually believe and hide their motivations whilst knowing it’s a delusion - I guess in a way it could be a permanent form of schizophrenia , but I felt it was more a personality disorder

1 Like

Yes. I’ve been contacted by people I went to high school with

1 Like

Yes one girl and a few guys. Sometimes I stressed but my brothers told me what to write. They asked me how’s life and wished that I am happy, if I finished university, if I am working etc I didn’t reveal my schizophrenia as I met them before my sz. Just my post sz friends know that I have schizophrenia.

Actually just one presz friend, my best friend ever, knows about my sz as he visited me in mental hospital, he was in medschool, now he’s a cardiologist. I insulted him when I was psychotic as he told me to get back on my meds as I am sick. I wasn’t accepting that I have schizophrenia back then. No I am not sick and don’t need meds for insanity!! He stopped talking to me after that.

1 Like

Every few months I get contact from someone who crawls out of the wood work.

I try to be polite, but once they give me a phone number, I don’t call them and the conversation ends.

Unfortunately I have to ride solo, and the only people I ‘let in’ is close family - no one else can earn my trust as I have so badly mis-placed it in the past.

1 Like

I have had someone get in touch with me but they believe covid is a hoax and things it makes me uncomfortable. So had to turn away :((

Too many conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Two grade school friends I grew up with.

1 Like

The other day I got a friend suggestion from this guy I have a little crush on. From high school. I wonder if he actually searched for me :flushed: or I am thinking too grandiose now lol.
Anyways I have deactivated my account, it is a bit too much for me atm.

1 Like

Just went on fb and saw one of my friends in university (physiotherapy) just also got her nutrition bachelor, she’s now a certified nutritionist and a certified physiotherapist. Her picture holding her certification is supposed to make me happy but I am pissed af.

She’s lucky to not have schizophrenia. Life is unfair. My grades were higher than her in some courses like physiology and biomechanics. Her and her friend told me their grades.

1 Like

A cousin who recently died became a pen-pal years after I last saw her. A number of people tried to talk to me when I was anxiety ridden and/or psychotic and I did a poor job of responding or didn’t respond at all.

1 Like

No but I’ve made several attempts to contact old friends from my childhood — they didn’t turn out so well, one is a prostitute the other never really grew up she’s childish and still lives at home
I also have dreams about them and they are always ignoring me, like I made a special trip to find them and they blow me off

1 Like

No one has contacted me. I contacted the only person I thought had been a friend at prep school. That was on Twitter. He blocked me .

1 Like

I’ve been contacted by an ex friend, and some persons I knew.
The past still haunts me (I don’t know if it’s said in English)

1 Like

I was in a group home when I was 22. I think a girl there had schizophrenia too. I was kind of neutral about her, I wasn’t attracted to her at all and vice-versa and we had very few interactions. When I moved out after a year I was living in semi-independent living and she called me. She talked like we were old friends and she needed help. I was surprised and freaked out and I had enough problems at the time. I was polite to her but firmly broke any possible ties. That’s how things went in those days.

I was young and had my my own friends and I felt I didn’t owe her anything. It was a little weird.

But now that I think of it, I think I see where she was coming from and if a similar situation came up now I might have helped her. I think she was looking at things like I did for the hospital. When I got in the hospital when I was 21 I naively thought that everybody was in this together and we would all help each other. Wrong on both counts. It was every man for himself though people formed friendships and hung out together. I think she thought like I did.

1 Like

I had 2 missed calls in a row from Ireland a few months ago.

I have my suspicions that it was an ex.

It really spooked me because he was a very unstable person who I met during an especially bad time in my life. But this was years and years ago, and I haven’t thought of him in ages.

The idea that this guy was trying to get back in touch—that he even still has my number—really put me on edge.

I really hope it wasn’t him.

1 Like

I deleted my Facebook so nobody as far as I know. One of my tutors from my past tried to contact me through my sister but I didn’t want to reach out. I don’t want anyone from my past in my life now. I am not ready yet even though I was diagnosed about a year ago. I need time to make peace with who I am now.

3 Likes

I had two different ex lovers find me through my music website. But I had changed so much that I guess they weren’t interested anymore.

2 Likes