Schizophrenia.com

Has anyone ever read Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky?

Has anyone here ever read Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky?

4 Likes

ya

let me look it over again

Crime and Punishment, by Fyodor Dostoevsky (gutenberg.org)

actually doesn’t look familiar must be thinking of war and peace by tolstoy

I’ve read it… It’s about the crime of one guy, Razkolnikov yeah…
But I was out of my head, when I was reading it, I was a teen too… it was a lot about the remorses of this guy… It’s a classic though, some say it’s a genius book… yeah, a crime made under this sun :smirk:
I know also, that Dostoevsky was an epileptic. He suffered a lot too… And wrote much about the soul yeah, it was psychological too.
I’ve read “Idiot” too from him, but all these now make me suffer a bit too… it can be triggering, idk…
I saw the hell too as well unfortunately and sometimes still, I think that I deserved it :disappointed_relieved: I hope this will stop too one day though :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I read it like 25 years ago. All I remember is the relationship between the investigator and the main character and how he cracked in the end. Interesting read

Didn’t he murder a pawn shop lady or something?

1 Like

Yeap, he murdered one old lady…

2 Likes

I read it many years ago. I barely remember it, but I do remember it was a really good book

1 Like

Yes, once. It was not an enjoyable experience.

1 Like

Too long…15 chars…

1 Like

I read it recently. I read every night and trying to read some classics I’ve never touched. It was good I thought although the names and nicknames is a bit confusing.

2 Likes

I’ve never read it but I own a copy. I probably should sale it to a used bookstore.

I only read film books and trashy horror novels.

2 Likes

Yes, all the hype was justified.

1 Like

Agreed. The psychological suffering was gripping and terrifying at the same time.

3 Likes

Yes, when I was a teenager

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.