Has anyone ever heard voices constantly?

When I heard voices, for about 8 years I heard them back to back. I would hear a voice comment on my every thought and from what I remember I did not have any break. Is this what people usually experience or was I just severe in my illness.

4 Likes

I started hearing them in August 2017 out of the blue. They were limited to my apartment at the start and wouldn’t follow me when I left the house but then they folllowed me everywhere I went. In the midst of it I remember having a break for a day or two. I think I got off ok but when I had them they were all consuming. I remember they would stop at half ten every night as well

1 Like

Mine are pretty consistent, seems like sometimes I catch a little break though, especially as time goes by, having conversations help. Not being so stuck in my own mind

1 Like

I won’t lie, I feel like that messed me up a bit.

What did? What I said?

1 Like

mine were pretty consistent. they would start about 5 to 10 minutes after I woke up and persist all day until I went to bed. I was unmedicated and I lived that way for 3 years. then I finally started to take meds and slowly they quieted down. I feel like im just starting to heal, but I still hear voices sometime, at night before bed when my mind starts to race. maybe I wouldn’t have any voices now, if I just took my meds those years.

1 Like

I get what I call the crowd, many people all talking at once, like in a crowded restaurant. Occasionally I make out what they say and it’s normally picking on me.

I’ll fall asleep to them, and they’ll wake me up in the mornings. Quiet days without them are few and far between

1 Like

When I started hearing voices, it was during a manic episode and they were loud and constant. Risperidone got rid of them. Now in bed I can hear a very faint word repeated over and over. I’m diagnosed bipolar.

1 Like

I heard voices continuously, nonstop for three months once.

1 Like

Mine were constant.

24/7.
It was torture to me.

The only time I “got a tiny break” was when I was asleep :zzz: or incredibly drunk so I couldn’t walk properly.
I had difficulties sleeping back then n took sleeping tablets every night.

1 Like

Yeah. My voices speak Spanish

1 Like

If i don’t hear voices, then i hear other noises. The most recent one has been hearing insects clicking and moving around in my head. Thankfully these are not constant, as i am taking medication. I can only imagine what it would be like if i weren’t medicated.

1 Like

I didn’t hear them constantly I don’t think. They would come and go. I think dangerous part for me was that I was living in a delusion that made me think I had to kill myself.

1 Like

I had that in the beginning two years ago when I didn’t realize I was schizophrenic. I thought people were following me around and wouldn’t stop talking. They would talk nonstop when I was at work especially.

When I realized how sick I was I took risperidone and they went away or got much lower. I wish I could have stayed on this medication. It has worked the best for me out of any other.

2 Likes

Started with many voices all the time, then with the meds they quieted down but never totally went away.

1 Like

No, the hearing voices non-stop did.

I used to hear voices back to back too. I don’t anymore thanks to haldol. I wonder y your meds don’t take them away a little at least.

1 Like

My pdoc told me that mine won’t completely go away. As long as I can deal with them then it is okay. It becomes an issue when I can’t handle them. I hope this isn’t discouraging help to you.

1 Like

I used to; this led me to commit suicide. I was hearing voices and someone came in and tried to kill me. Of course I didn’t know that this was a psychotic episode. I ended up swallowing an entire bottle and then I was taken to a hospital. I was restrained for 3 hours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.