Has anyone cured their thought broadcasting with meds?

Every three weeks

1 Like

Thank you. 1515

2 Likes

I’m on my second day of 1 mg Abilify (I cut 2 mg pills in half), on top of 9 mg Paliperidone, and I feel much more disengaged with distant sounds now. My dad can be coughing, or my mom laughing, and I don’t feel like they’re reacting to my thoughts anymore.

The half-life of Abilify is 75 hours so I’ll feel the full effects in about 5 half-lives, so that’s about 16 days.

My voices and almost all of my hallucinations and delusions are gone because of medication. But the paranoia, thinking that my neighbors are watching me when a car drives by slowly, and my feeling that my thoughts leak when I am out and about has never diminished. I’ve tried a bunch of medications. I realized at some point that nothing will probably stop them. So what I do now is focus on dealing with them being part of my life. I noticed that when I get stressed out before leaving the house, there is no chance I won’t feel thought leaking. So I work on not stressing myself out when I get out of the house.

1 Like

I’ve had them lessened by meds but it’s never gone away. I’ve lived with this for the bulk of my life and I’ve learned how changing my environment can help. Some days if I have really bad thought broadcast paranoia or something triggered by being around others I will allow myself to spend a day or two inside. I have an enclosed patio so I can get some fresh air and not worry about being around others who can “see my thoughts” or whatever it feels like is happening at the time. I try not to do this more than a day or two because it can make things worse than they were if I’m isolated and have to go back out again. I have been working from home for the last few years and being able to do that is the most helpful. It allows me to control my environment and stimuli. That in turn makes it easier to control things that trigger symptoms.

1 Like

I’m on my fifth half-life of Abilify 1 mg, roughly 15 days, so it’s at near-max blood serum levels, and I’m pretty much not getting “secret messages” from the media anymore. This is after I had lowered my Paliperidone to 6 mg, so it’s definitely the Abilify blocking the thought broadcasting / ideas of reference symptom.

I experienced some thought broadcasting. But my problem was mostly telepathy. I felt that I could read other’s minds. And this was torturous to me as well. This phenomenon is called, thought reception. What rid me of this was a combination of Geodon, Seroquel, and Risperdal Consta.

1 Like

My thought broadcasting is under control when I’m using stimulants. Caffeine helps it quite a bit.

1 Like

I say Geodone and if you’re spiritually inclined at all towards Jesus there is a prayer of protection in Ephesians 6 putting on a coat of armor. If that’s not your thing there are more general energy techniques to rid yourself of negative whatever you want to call it and protect yourself. Good luck

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.